1/72 - Blackburn Buccaneer S.Mk.2 by Airfix - S.2C & S.2B released - new S.2B boxing

Homebee

19 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

It means the illustrations are just catalogue roughs and the final selected schemes may change (Like the Hunter last year). Same applies to any of the kits

I hope they change, because I'm missing 208's winged eye fin marking on the top option. Some photographic evidence suggest that's correct for that specific airframe at that time - but surely it would have flown with the winged eyes at some point. I'll have to knock on Hannant's door if Airfix decides to leave it off the sheet.

Jay

9 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

I hope they change, because I'm missing 208's winged eye fin marking on the top option. Some photographic evidence suggest that's correct for that specific airframe at that time - but surely it would have flown with the winged eyes at some point. I'll have to knock on Hannant's door if Airfix decides to leave it off the sheet.

Hannants Xtradecal sheet X72308 has XX895 in the grey scheme with the "eye" 

Eng

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

The wheels look like a worthy upgrage, though things would have been easier if Airfix designed the legs like the real thing with a single axle pin which is probably how I'll modify them.

:thumbsup:   Just as I have (sort of) started the Scale Resin kit!  :lol:  

Just a minor word of warning...    If you intend to use the FAA boxing of the Airfix kit, then you will need to do some work to remove the heat shield from the airbrake petals.  I believe the forthcoming RAF boxing does not have these.

Edit:   Nope.  Scratch that last bit!  Looking at the parts breakdown, I believe the RAF boxing will have a new sprue with the bulged weapons bay door and universal pylons.  The S1 will need the original weapons bay and the early pylons so the FAA boxing is a must.  On the plus side, S1 aircraft rarely carried tanks, so you won't need to do any work on the skinny tanks provided by Airfix. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Julien said:

ooooooooo sounds right up my street with all I've been doing lately on my Vulcan B1a.... Might have to get a second Buccaneer kit for the stash

• Like 1

Let's see, I spent tons of money and built the CMR S.2 and the Scale Resin S.1, and afterwards Airfix comes out with a new tool kit, followed by this nice conversion set. I hope you guys appreciate the sacrifice I made for you!    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

On 6/2/2020 at 12:22 AM, Dave Fleming said:

Note the S1 also has a shorter/smaller pen nib fairing behind the exhausts than the S2

Hi Dave

Well thanks for that, I did think that the guys could modify that themselves if they wished along with the airbrakes, but after thinking about it I bashed out some replacement parts that will take the hassle factor out to some extent, although a few cuts will be needed......

Anyway here it is https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/blackburn-buccaneer-s-1-exhaust-and-air-brake-set

S.1 Bucc exhaust and brakes

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Suspected that the exhaust fairings were smaller, but I didn’t know about air brakes. Mine are somewhere over the Atlantic, trailing my S.1 intakes and heading for the second.Airfix S.2 that I laid in for just this eventuality.

20 hours ago, Ali62 said:

This set will also be useful for anyone building an early S2 or, like me, finding themselves unable to wait for the forthcoming S2B boxing and converting the current FAA kit.

6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

My Aerocraft S1 conversion set arrived today!  :yahoo:   What a lovely collection of resin.

As have mine, completely agree! Question is, can I squeeze in a conversion in the Buccaneer STGB within the remaining time.....

@Ali62, will nip on over to the website and download thanks.

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up that the two new Print Scale Royal Navy Buccaneer sheets for the S2 and S1 72401 & 72402 have been released they have had an epic fail i their production.

Whilst the artwork on the instructions and the website illustrate the distinctive Pale Blue titles and codes on the actual decals they have come out as  what appears to be more a medium sea grey than a pale blue rendering those schemes pretty well useless, a shame as they are nicely printed with some interesting options.

Buyer beware !!!!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Shalako said:

Has anyone tried to fit (after making the necessary modifications) the new Buccaneer cockpit to the old mould?

No, nor would I as it's a pointless exercise. The new kit is vastly superior to the old one in every respect and frankly trying something like adding the new kit's cockpit to the old kit is a lot of wasted effort without trying the same with other areas like wheel wells, intakes etc. Given the other shape issues with the old kit, it really is a case of sell it on and put your money towards a new kit.

Mark.

16 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Given the other shape issues with the old kit, it really is a case of sell it on and put your money towards a new kit.

Or convert it into a Blackburn P150.  :fool: