Weapons for a 1/72 MiG-23?

Vlad

Im toying with the idea of getting a Kovozavody Prostejov 1/72 MiG-23, which is the ex RV Aircraft plastic. Trouble is, it comes unarmed. Where would I find some R-23s and R-60s to hang on it?

• Like 1

Eduard do various Russian weapons in their Brassin Range and if you can find them on the second-hand market Dragon did three different boxes of Soviet weaponry back in the 1990s , some of which was included in the Revell/Zvezda re-boxings of the Dragon  Su-24.  

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/dragon-2504-modern-soviet-aircraft-weapons--147006

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/dragon-2505-modern-soviet-aircraft-weapons--192396

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/dragon-2506-modern-soviet-aircraft-weapons--192397

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, might have to keep an eye out for those Dragon sets but they don't seem easy to find at all!

For R-60s there seem to be a few options so that's good to know. R-23s though, hmm...

Edited by Vlad

I think I did see those but dismissed them as out of production since I couldn't find them in stock anywhere. Good to know some places still have them, although by the time US postage and import taxes are added I'd be paying more than the base kit just for 2 missiles. And the R-60s will be that much again.

I'm wondering if the best option is actually to get one of the cheap other kits e.g. Academy or Zvezda just to scavenge the missiles, and possibly decals.

10 minutes ago, Vlad said:

I think I did see those but dismissed them as out of production since I couldn't find them in stock anywhere. Good to know some places still have them, although by the time US postage and import taxes are added I'd be paying more than the base kit just for 2 missiles. And the R-60s will be that much again.

I'm wondering if the best option is actually to get one of the cheap other kits e.g. Academy or Zvezda just to scavenge the missiles, and possibly decals.

hmmm depends on how these missiles would be looking shapewise..... Academy does not seem to be an option in this respect.... Zvezda would be.... ;) 

Just now, exdraken said:

hmmm depends on how these missiles would be looking shapewise..... Academy does not seem to be an option in this respect.... Zvezda would be.... ;) 

Yes, the Academy kit is all sorts of wrong in terms of shape but is by far the cheapest. Zvezda is OK, still not great and raised panels (otherwise I'd probably just build that over KP) but the missiles do look acceptable.

14 minutes ago, Vlad said:

The R-23s and R-60s in the Zvezda kit (and also the Italeri re-pop, I imagine) are pretty good.

Edited by Vultures1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Yes, the Academy kit is all sorts of wrong in terms of shape but is by far the cheapest. Zvezda is OK, still not great and raised panels (otherwise I'd probably just build that over KP) but the missiles do look acceptable.

was only talking missile shape.... ;)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 9:53 PM, Vultures1 said:

The R-23s and R-60s in the Zvezda kit (and also the Italeri re-pop, I imagine) are pretty good.

Also, Zvezda's MiG-27 kit comes with two R-23's and 4 R-60's as spares. 

Cheers,

Andre

That's a very kind offer but I've more or less filed the replies in this thread under "information that may eventually be of use for a future project" and got distracted by something else. I wouldn't want to trouble you with postage and stock up on things I'm not planning to use imminently.

• Like 1