1/48 - DH.82a Tiger Moth by Airfix - released - new boxing in 2024

Homebee

2 hours ago, Tail-Dragon said:

I hope that at some point they will release Canadian service version with BCATP markings and the full canopy. 

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

That would also require a modified undercarriage.

And much more. I commented on the Canadian differences further up this thread. 

In addition the Xtradecal set incorrectly states RCAF option on the set insert when in fact it doesn't include  RCAF decals! Anyway it would still be wrong.

PS EDit:   That odd part in one of the sprues that looks like a open top upper fuselage, could it be for an Australian Ambulance version???

42 minutes ago, Paul J said:

That odd part in one of the sprues that looks like a open top upper fuselage, could it be for an Australian Ambulance version???

Talking to the kit’s designer at Telford he mentioned that that part is a jig for removing part of the fuselage deck to allow the tailplane with the anti spin strokes to be fitted.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2019 at 19:28, Aeronut said:

They are all fine and dandy, but I want Thunderbird 6.

I'm pretty sure an enterprising decal printer will come to your assistance. JBOT used to make a set across all the common scales, but Jim has now retired due to ill health and they are no longer available.

It will be interesting if Airfix take the plunge and commit to a fully licensed boxing.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

15 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Nice schemes, but I was rather hoping for the classic Dark Earth/Dark Green/Yellow version. I suppose the stickies spares box then...

Trevor

There's a 1943 Navy one for you on the first of the three Xtradecal sheets 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48205

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Work In Progress said:

There's a 1943 Navy one for you on the first of the three Xtradecal sheets 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48205

Thanks, but hopefully I have enough In my spares box to cobble one together!

Trevor

• 1 month later...

Any ideas where I can get some sea tiger floats? Going to produce one for a great ex RAF friend in time for the annual Thorney Island reunion in early May. One of his dearest memories was flying in the Sea Tiger that operated from Lee On Solent in the mid sixties as a youngster who did alot of the pushing and shoving.

I'm really looking forward to this but I have a nagging something in my brain that sees their Tiger as being a bit of a porker. A Pieger if you will - just a bit portly around the nose area. I hope I'm proved wrong and already have one on order just hope that its me and not the model!

TT

4 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I'm really looking forward to this but I have a nagging something in my brain that sees their Tiger as being a bit of a porker. A Pieger if you will - just a bit portly around the nose area. I hope I'm proved wrong and already have one on order just hope that its me and not the model!

TT

Yes, I have thought that since the first renderings, and nothing here makes me feel differently. The whole fuselage just looks fat!

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 7:08 AM, bradleygolding said:

Yes, I have thought that since the first renderings, and nothing here makes me feel differently. The whole fuselage just looks fat!

Steve

I'm with you on this one. It looks like someone punched it in the jaw!  I hope we're wrong - really looking forward to this kit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Work In Progress said:

Not necessarily, and probably not. Most of their last few years' releases haven't.  And they generally make a big song and dance about it when they do.

Oh, I see. They used it on the Sea Fury, didn't they?

Looks like Airfix have stuffed it up again. How could anyone think that looks right. They got the 1/72 one right why on earth have they done this. It looks like a cartoon. After years of waiting for this model it is very disappointing.