This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Moving Time Again

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I believe that if you click the link, it presents you with an option to use a card.  I've not used that option myself, but others have managed it :yes:

It doesn't for me, I had to create a Paypal account to donate.

Oh, that is soooo Canadian!! When I was stationed in Germany, I served as part of the 2nd Infantry Division, and one of our brigades was the Canadian 4th Infantry Brigade. Our HQ was based in the town of Lubbecke and every year the locals held a beer festival. There was a fountain in the town square and when the festival was on, the water was turned off and beer flowed from the fountain. You were invited to bring your own glass/mug/stein or whatever and all you had to do was pay a nominal sum and you could fill your receptacle from the fountain. A load of lads from 4 Can. Inf. Bde. turned up with...........highly polished fire buckets with handles welded on the side. And they got away with it. 

John.

I made my modest donation last night, via my iPad.  It took a little while to locate the ‘donate’ button but when I did I found the ‘by card’ option.  I did have to scroll down the screen a little, because when it first appeared it looked as though the ‘Paypal’ option was the only one.  Like some others in here I have some reservations about using PayPal directly - although the receipt for my donation was from them..

Every little helps, as a well-known UK based supermarket chain sometimes claims!

Jonny

Thanks to everyone for the comments, donations and so forth so far.  We've managed to find a tidge more space that takes the :frantic: away from us moving ASAP if not sooner, but it's only a smidge, so we're still going to shift, just not tomorrow.  It's a relief in a way, as I wasn't looking forward to making the move so soon.  Now we'll have a bit more prep time, which is always nice :yes:

I have made a small donation to help keep the hamster fed and watered. As with all the others, many thanks for the undoubted effort it takes to keep the wheel turning.

Thanks fellas :yes: If anyone making donations hasn't received their Gold Brick in a few days, just drop @Shar2 a PM and give him your info so he can tie it up :)

I made a small donation last night. I've never made a donation here, I read about it ages ago and completely forgot about it until this post. I must try and remember to do so in the future as this is the best forum around.

Mike, I was just wondering if you were thinking of going the Tapatalk route? There are a few other modeling forums out there that have gone there, It alright and not hard to use. If I can figure it out, you know it must be dead easy.

Not that I'm pro Tapatalk nor against it. I'm just curious.

Chris

Donation sent. Thanks Mike and the team for all your good work and good luck with the transfer :) 

Britmodeller might be down for a while? I best start printing it out so I've got something to read.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, Mike said:

Thanks fellas :yes: If anyone making donations hasn't received their Gold Brick in a few days, just drop @Shar2 a PM and give him your info so he can tie it up :)

Hello Mike,

The picto for donation is not available if I'm logged in.

If I go on my paypal account and type Britmodeller, will it work or is there a specific adress ?

CC

4 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Mike,

The picto for donation is not available if I'm logged in.

If I go on my paypal account and type Britmodeller, will it work or is there a specific adress ?

CC

Nevermind, it has worked when logged out, donation done

CC

On 18/01/2019 at 05:11, Beard said:

Britmodeller might be down for a while? I best start printing it out so I've got something to read.

Just bear with me while I buy shares in the copy paper company you're using :lol:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Just bear with me while I buy shares i the copy paper company you're using :lol:

Mind you, printing Britmodeller will have to wait until I've finished printing Wikipedia.

13 minutes ago, Beard said:

Mind you, printing Britmodeller will have to wait until I've finished printing Wikipedia.

I've just edited the 'aardvark' page so my might have to reprint that one. 

18 hours ago, Gorby said:

I've just edited the 'aardvark' page so my might have to reprint that one. 

Which page Gorby ? The animal or the F-111 ? We need to make sure its the aircraft one. Dont need to go and confuse some poor animal lovers do we now ? 😉

Dennis

On 16/01/2019 at 22:07, Tbolt said:

I made a small donation last night. I've never made a donation here, I read about it ages ago and completely forgot about it until this post. I must try and remember to do so in the future as this is the best forum around.

That would make two of us that needed the thread to prompt us into donating then! One of those things I'd been meaning to do and didn't get around to until reading this thread last weekend.