Eduard 1:48 Hellcat mk. II Weekend

Greetings!

Well, here it is, finally. The famous Eduard »best in scale« F-6F-5 Hellcat in FAA guise that is by the way more »what if« than a depiction of a real aircraft, thanks to some bogus scheme and decals provided by Hobby Boss.

I don't like Eduard Weekend packages as I find them to be just depleted packages and with boring markings, but this one cost me just mere 13EUR and I couldn't resist it.

The kit itself has started to show its age and some parts aren't really up to it and need to be dressed up or replaced. That goes for the propeller, engine, rockets, machine gun barrels/blast tubes, drop tank, wheels and wheel wells. Some I tackled with and some I just left out.

As this was a weekend package without PE parts I hid the lacking details in the cockpit by putting in the pilot that I stole from ICM P-51B kit. The engine and cowling were enhanced by adding scratch items and legs were shortened. The only aftermarket part was a pair of Brassin wheels.

The model was painted with Revell, AK and Vallejo acrylics and weathered with dry pastels, filters and what not.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

It has a working engine

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

The Hellcat looks immense in posture and height and is also beefier than a bit longer but slender P-47 Thunderbolt. Here are some of my models next to it for a better appreciation of its size.

023.jpg

024.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Josip

Edited by Josip
  • Like 27