Bf-109E-7

Started on the 9th of December... Every year I try to do a 'clear the bench' build over Christmas, this year it was this one:

FyempUs.jpg

mQV9Hg3.jpg

lmhtAG6.jpg

S1MovcR.jpg

eazVRhh.jpg

4EIXRgw.jpg

N40JGV8.jpg

Not sure why folks seem to shy-away from the Trumpy 109E kits almost all the completed ones that I have seen are from the Eduard and Dragon kits. Ahh well... I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this one. Perfect fit everywhere, lots of detail, excellent etch, decals and phenomenal clear parts. (not so excellent rubber tyres tho'). For a change I broke-out my enamels for the 74/75/76/04 colours, all of which I mixed using my preferred Mk.I eyeball method.  Highly recommend this to anyone contemplating a 1:32 build and perhaps a wee bit put-off by the excessive parts-count and cost of some of the 'uber kits' around just now - I got this off a well-known on-line auction site from a Chinese based seller for just £16.50 !!!!! (that's as good as giving it away) even down here to NZ the postage was just ten-quid.

So here t'is all done only addition is the kit specific Eduard Zoom set which includes the harness too;  And I have to admit that I'm very pleased with it. Please feel free to hurl any criticism, ask any questions or make any comment at all. Thanks for taking the time to look and Happy 2019 to all here.

Ian.

• Like 31

Ian that looks great. I think perceived shape problems in reviews put many people off the Trumpeter Bfs. Yours looks really nice - good finish and the weathering looks spot on.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Oberleutnant said:

Never seen the wasp insignia before.

hLMay1u.jpg

SKG 210 / SG1 Summer-Autumn 1942, a sub unit of the [well known] Bf110 unit. Surplus 109E's used as fast fighter-bombers in small flights all around the Northern and Central Russian fronts.

Ian.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian said:

hLMay1u.jpg

SKG 210 / SG1 Summer-Autumn 1942, a sub unit of the [well known] Bf110 unit. Surplus 109E's used as fast fighter-bombers in small flights all around the Northern and Central Russian fronts.

Ian.

Nice, thank you!

They did like their artwork didn't they?

Quite extravagant. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments, as ever always appreciated and never taken for granted.  Next is a break for summer hols for a couple of weeks, then back with a grey jet !!

Best from NZ

Ian.