Kane about to have a very bad day.

Happy New year all,Hope you had a good Christmas,my astonishingly wonderful wife got me this beauty.

C4ZA9G.jpg

The presentation and casting are top notch.

BFqSzp.jpg

quality bit of kit

eZyrYQ.jpg

Goes together straight out of the box

Q4qxU3.jpg

The Semi-Transparent alien egg is a nice touch

The only real drawback is that John Hurts estate didnt OK his likeness,but with a bit of lighting I think it will look OK.

• Like 8

Shame about it not having the correct fizzog, but I guess they had their reasons.  :shrug: Looks like it'll be a fun build... is there a clear dome for his helmet?  Couldn't see one in the pics.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

That base looks fabulous how did you manage  that?

More luck than judgement is the short answer:)

Primed the base with a flat white,then gave it a once over with a Revell aqua grey ,layered on various brown inks,dry brushed in some white ,then more thinned brown ink,then painted the tendrils in an off white ,then added inks tinned with Klear in green,brown and yellow,matted down the base,then added an extra coat of Klear on the tendrils.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join me as we move away from the world of the "squishy",and enter the kingdom of "Moist" ;)

This is the centre peice of the egg,and will not be seen in such detail,once in the egg.

iuVP69.jpg

Some idea of scale.

u9vTLf.jpg

Placed on the base

19w4bX.jpg

• Like 7

Cheers Guys!

The last few days have been mainly  "Egg" based (Which,In fairness,I never thought Id have to say..........again) :0

I lined the inside with tin foil then scratched away an opening so when lit it appears translucent,and as I guessed,you cant really see the facehugger,but it looks like something is in the egg.When not lit it appears fairly solid,So job done I reckon.

jDd1FO.jpg

In pitch black

QpdFjs.jpg

• Like 7

Ooh, very creepy. I've been sitting on my copy of this kit for ages (not like that!) and now I want to have a go. Looking forward to seeing how the suit turns out, there's a lot of detail in there.

Cheers,

Will

Cheers Will,Its a beautifully cast kit,thats for sure.

Been blocking out some base colours and have started to detail and weather the helmet.

y6hsWn.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, TallBlondJohn said:

Imagine sitting down at the workbench and suddenly realising the facehugger isn't in its egg anymore... :unsure:

EEEK!

Facehuggers are always the most terrifying thing in Alien-related videogames. Even the simplest ones manage to do the thing where they jump up at you.

Deep breath.

W

Cheers all,little update

Lights in place in the egg and torch.

9WXFwW.jpg

More highlighting and shading being added(its taking yonks!)

The decals are very fragile and break up into bazillions of little bits.

jI7xTg.jpg

• Like 3