Folding Decals

mburnett

Im looking for advice please on how to fold decals over the leading edge on my revell Mirage 2000 tigermeet aircraft. My problem is the ones on the tail fin that are meant to fold over to the over side. I don't know how to get them to stay in position ie folded over as they just keep flipping back up.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Maybe hotter water will help soften them to help them go around the edge. Decal solution my help but will need lots as I have found out in the past.

look into using something like microsol/microset solutions, they are made to help decals stick(blue bottle one) and conform to details (red bottle one). always try the solutions an a decal you will not use first, as some times the solutions ca turn certain decal makes to a sticky mess!!

with really stubborn decals you can use a hairdrier. but use a cheap low powered one, not a dyson flame thrower!

stick the decal to one side, apply some microsol, and gently heat and fold it over with a wet brush/wet cotton bud as it softens, and apply some microset to help it stay there. GENTLY and SLOWLY!!! cant emphasise that enough.

I use Klear for attaching decals around leading edges such as gun port red patches, yellow leading edges stripes etc. I align the top edge & when the Klear begins to go tacky (5+/- minutes) fold the lower part of the decal around the leading edge. That might be tricky getting a bigger decal aligned though.  :unsure:  

Steve

Edited by stevehnz