Airfix new tools for 2019, some like 'em, some don't

rob

Is that 414 ‘new’ Hornby products?? Imagine if Airfix came out with even 20% of that?

The interest levels have increased however I’m still scratching my head as to why both the RAF boxed Mitchell and Export Sea Fury have not hit the shelves as yet? Surely these kits just require artwork, decals and revised instructions. These base kits appeared over 12 months ago so why does this take in excess of another year to get these to market? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

These base kits appeared over 12 months ago so why does this take in excess of another year to get these to market? 

Cheers.. Dave 

i would imagine the determining factor of when a kit is released on a older tool kit is when the time can be booked to run the molds on the injecting machine, remember they have many tools to inject also .

Edited by gavingav1

43 minutes ago, Paul821 said:

The Hornby announcements have been made  and if anything can be deduced from these:

Use of old tools (some very old!) for lower price items

I wonder how many of the old Arfix railway series will see the light of day through this. Although IIRC most (all) went to Darpol

29 minutes ago, gavingav said:

i would imagine the determining factor of when a kit is released on a older tool kit is when the time can be booked to run the molds on the injecting machine, remember they have many tools to inject also .

Also you don't want to affect the market for the first issue by putting a second variant out too quickly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julien said:

Airfix dont do 1/32 !

Didn't they used to offer a range of vintage and classic vehicles?  1911 Rolls Royce, Bentley, B Type Bus and Monty's Humber to name but a few. These and all the others together with a selection of plastic soldier sets were a reasonable range for 1/32 kits and models. 

15 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Wonder why I am so eager to get the news from Airfix now. Must admit that I did not buy one of the 2018 new tools yet, so why the hurry 😉

Neither did I despite I want some of them.(Except the Royal Navy Phantom that I did buy two of)  But as I am now the only bread winner at home with the wife retiring I may have to reconsider how and what I buy from now on,,,,,But of those listed last year I have already mentioned a couple I wanted but have not yet been released. So what I may be tempted by Airfix will help me choosing.

P.S: But one must have for me is the 2019 catalogue for my collection!

51 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

Airfix still do 1/32 cars and a few others

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/catalogsearch/result/?q=1%3A32

1 hr 7 mins to go

1 hr 8 mins to someone starts the Airfix 2020 thread

well we already have two of them (new tools)

1/24th scale Hellcat

1/48th scale Spitfire FR XIV

and at least two potential modified tools

1/48 th scale Hunter F9

1/72 nd scale Wellngton MkII

so how many left to ponder upon.

2 more?

1/72 Me262A Jabo

1/72 Ju88A