Airfix new tools for 2019, some like 'em, some don't

rob

4 hours ago, sniperUK said:

Now this is the head of the tripod for their LIDAR scanner on 27th November 17 ,I wonder what they scanned ;)

45861667354_24e68f5a88_b.jpgIMG_4426 (2) by Tony Osborne, on Flickr

Well, judging by your photos, if your saying what I think your saying then i'm going to say it all looks too good to be true! 😜 Anyway I thought there was a scanner on a tripod near the one at Duxford a few years ago? I hope it be true and in the one true scale!

Fairly pointless guessing game, but hey why not as I am recovering from a week with my mother. 

Wellington II/VIII as we now the engines for the two have been seen on a Cad and there are the holes for the aerials on the fuselage. 

I would still like a Venom (1/72nd, of course) 

A British operated Harvard (1/72nd) 

Two Stage Merlin  Mosquito

P47 as nothing newly tooled  in the 'series 1' line for a while and has been out of the catalogue for a while. 

Airfix Vintage 

SRN1 (can hope!) 

• Like 1

My prophecy is:

1/72 Scale Disappointment. 

1/48 Scale Dispare 

1/24 Scale Dejection 

1/32 Scale Despondency 

Because by 14:02 there will be a lot of these a announced. It's called Modelling Democracy; Everyone gets what nobody wants 😅

Not me though, as I'll be clapping my hands with the announcement of the new Airfix 1/72 Handley Page Hastings and Short Belfast kits to be released in Q1 and Q2. 

Now, which tablets next Nurse?? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Just take them all at once!

I'm afraid to say that your medical issue has no cure. I was only diagnosed of the same symptoms just last week.

Cheers (and now its less than 12 hours to go!! :dog:).. Dave and his excited dog.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cngaero said:

My prophecy is:

1/72 Scale Disappointment. 

1/48 Scale Dispare 

1/24 Scale Dejection 

1/32 Scale Despondency 

Because by 14:02 there will be a lot of these a announced. It's called Modelling Democracy; Everyone gets what nobody wants 😅

Not me though, as I'll be clapping my hands with the announcement of the new Airfix 1/72 Handley Page Hastings and Short Belfast kits to be released in Q1 and Q2. 

Airfix dont do 1/32 !

As long as I get my 1/24 Gladiator everything else will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julien said:

Airfix dont do 1/32 !

As long as I get my 1/24 Gladiator everything else will be fine.

1/32nd plastic figures, cars ? 😉

• Like 1

To be honest its quite nice to have to have wait for the Catalogue release again, which is quite funny as they had actively changed to announcing the new kits via the workbench and following their development as an ongoing process and were actively looking to drop the Annual Catalogue but that has all changed back now.

As to what to expect I think we will get something new in WW2 72nd, something in 48th, and hopefully something Cold War British in 72nd, we may see some of the new tools re-released and we should expect a bit more focus on the Classic range as they make use of the tools they still have that are not likely to be replaced.

Well its been the 7th all day here in NZ , lots of interesting releases from Airfix announced, everybody will be pleased. But you guys will just have to wait until tomorrow to find out....;)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Greg B said:

It will be silly o'clock in the morning here when its announced.  So, its sleep for me ready to wake up to the prospect of a new tool 1:48 Buccaneer :) 

C’mon Greg, stay up and wait for Santa Airfixmus like the rest of us sad Antipodeans! 

What happened to the usual 10:00am UK time for these announcements? Ah!, perhaps it suits the vital US market a little better than us lot? 

Cheers.. Dave 

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What happened to the usual 10:00am UK time for these announcements?

Probably linked to the fact that the Hornby (trains) launch is at 10am - I guess it's all to do with the load on their web-server,

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, B.sin said:

The world watches and waits!

Very eagerly as well......nothing comes to fruitation right now!!

Gonna hit the shower and after that get the popcorn ready and see what coupe we gett..and then there is the new tool C46 Commando....

• Like 2

The Hornby announcements have been made  and if anything can be deduced from these:

More announcements (414) than in previous years

Take on competitors through lower price and/or speed to market

Many reliveries, although that is normal for Hornby

New models follow on from previous items themes (brake vans, industrial loco's etc

Use of old tools (some very old!) for lower price items

2 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Probably linked to the fact that the Hornby (trains) launch is at 10am

If they're going for complete accuracy, they'll be announced late, some will be cancelled, and the others will be over-subscribed 🌧️

• Like 3
  • Haha 6