Airfix new tools for 2019, some like 'em, some don't

rob

Less than 24 hours, I thought i'd put this here, so we can cheer, winge, moan and generally chat about the stuff....

Anybody want to entertain predictions for how many new tools there will be, not including the two already announced (1/48 Spit XIV and 1/24 Hellcat)?

I'm predicting 4 additional completely new tool kits, all aircraft.

• Like 1

3 new tools I’m guessing Battle Lysander Hampden or Anson...

plus modified tool Hunter FGA9, Bomber Blenheim I,  Grand Slam/Tallboy Lanc , Wimpey III and possible AC47. 

the return of the Sea Vixen and Nimrod with different markings...

Curveball world....

1/72 Sea Fury

1/72 Anson C21

1/48 Chipmunk 

Im off my meds world

1/72 Percival Prentice 

1/72 Sea Hawk 

time will tell!

TT

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Probably to early for the MKIII Wellington but I would like to see some more airfield suport vehicles from whatever era.

Perhaps they may reduce the Albion Refueller to the 72nd scale ?? 

Only thinking out loud but I would think they will go for totally new stuff to gain sales

Good logic- the obvious choice would be a Luftwaffe resupply set which could be sold separately or tacked together with a new tool JU88... or HE177??! They’ve done the RAF and USAAF - in 1/72-  got the impression that the 1/48 vehicles didn’t sell that well? 

6 new tools - pure speculation

1/48 TIGER MOTH

1/48 SEAKING

1/48 MARTLET

1/72 B24 or PRIVATEER

1/144 CONCORDE

1/72 F-35

1/48 MOSQUITO

MODIFIED

1/72 WELLINGTON - PICK A VARIANT

1/48 HUNTER T7

1/48 HURRICANE MK II

probably all wrong - usually am (ask the missus) :( but a bit of fun

Cheers Rich

• Like 1

Good evening

Here are my guess for New tools in 1/72 :

Tempest Mk V / VI

Spitfire Mk Vc

DH Mosquito

Grumman Hellcat

Grumman Avenger

Douglas Dauntless

Douglas Boston / Havoc

P 47 D Thunderbolt

P 51 B / C Mustang

T6 Texan / Harvard

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 4

My Hope is a Bomber/PR twin stage Mossie in 48th/72nd scale..... followed by a "Big Belly" PR34 in 24th in a Year or So........

These wish lists / predictions remind me of the Airfix Magazine of the 1960's in which many letters signed off with a request for a particular subject. With a reduced budget and modeling time  in 2019 (due to renovation of a house) in some ways I hope there is nothing of interest for me tomorrow..

Just as interesting will be what is dropped from the current catalogue - there are a few items there I would be tempted to try and pick up if they are deleted, and also how the Airfix Classic's range will develop in 2019. There are certainly some moulds I wold like to see appear again for a nostalgia build.

I'm still waiting for the ones for 2018 that haven't showed up yet like the RAF Phantom and B-25. And the Export 48th Sea Fury(or have I missed that??)

But I am still hoping fr a 48th Tiger Moth,72nd Harvard IIB, metal wing Hurricane 1(Well, you never know despite the nice Arma one....???) maybe a new tool Whirlwind helicopter..... new tool 1/144 airliners....

• Like 1

Possibly see the start of some Aviation kits in their ‘classics’ range to bolster a rather small new tool announcement (Skyvan, F-80, Space subjects). Then a solid number of re-decalled new-ish tools that have been around for a few years (Typhoon, Spit 22, Doolittle Mitchell, Valiant). A few revised new tools with new parts (Wellington II, Hunter FGA.9) and possibly (hopefully) a small smattering of completely new tools such as a 1/72 Junkers 88A-1, Harvard/Texan and with any luck the start of a 1/48 Vampire / Venom family. 

I’ll need to be up till midnight tonight to see all my predictions go horribly wrong - but it is quite fun all the same. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

Tick-tock...

49484263.jpg

"Join us tomorrow for our 2019 Range Launch! Going live at 2pm on the Airfix website, you’ll be able to see exactly what we have planned for the coming year."

https://www.facebook.com/officialairfix/photos/a.80699376270/10156746832666271/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

25 minutes ago, Paul J said:

maybe a new tool Whirlwind helicopter..... new tool 1/144 airliners....

I could go for some 50's choppers & re-released airliners but I fear such appeals will fall on deaf ears.

• Like 1

I'm in that zone where I have no idea and can not think of anything to expect.

Flagship release for 2019 has been announced which is not a bad idea and I can see the Hellcat selling,

Vulcan and buccaneer would have been Telford still announcements.

So I'm expecting something good, but not outside of the box.

Hurricane MKII in 1/48 would be nice, we need a new one of those

Lysander in 1/72 scale

Too early for a Blenheim IVF in 1/48 I think that will be 2020

Must resist joining in, must resist...

resistance is futile....  

OK here's mine

New  

No cold war / post war RAF/RN would be a change for Airfix, so I could see either/or:   

1/72 Canberra B2 

1/72 Buccaneer S2

(of course, a revised mould 1/48 Hunter FGA.9  would probably count in this category too...)

Airfix do have a bit of a thing for trainers too so I agree:

1/48 or 1/72 NA T-6 Texan / Harvard  or possibly 1/48 Tiger Moth

They also seem to like the early war period so

1/48 Lysander 

The other major theme is WW2 bombers; might be too soon for a Hampden (after the Wellington) so:

1/72 Consolidated B-24 Liberator or 

1/72 Mosquito

We shall see... 

• Like 1