Tamiya 1/48 MM 100th kit ideas?

German Armour

Now that's going to be cool. Just saw it at track-link just a few minutes ago. 

Tamiya Plastic Model Co. - German Heavy Tractor SS-100 and 88mm Gun Flak (Hanomag)

a6379b94afd667abecf9a774a65faf72_118187.

Are they going to make a new flak? Or rebox something? I don't know though. ;)

Edited by Panther II

Yeah. That would be cool. Also a T-34/85, StuG III, Somua S-35, R-35, Dragon wagon, M-36, T-55, T-14 Armata, earlier Churchill, U.S. halftrack, :) There are so many things they could make Also WWI tanks! MK.I, MK.V Whippet, Renault FT-17

Peugeot 146

Renault ED

Rolls Royce Armoured Car

Schneider CA1 

Saint-Chamond 

Renault FT 

A7V 

Leichter Kampfwagen I 

Leichter Kampfwagen II

Mark I 

Mark II 

Mark III 

Mark IV 

Mark V

Tank Mark VIII 

Medium Mark A Whippet 

Medium Mark B 

Medium Mark C 

Austin armoured car

Lanchester 4x2 armoured car

Rolls-Royce armoured car

Mark IX 

Skeleton tank 

The 100th 1/35 Armor kit was a Tank Transporter.

The 100th aircraft was the Storch with amazing moulding for the transparencies already joined to the fuselage.

I think the entrails suggest that the 100th 1/48 kit will be a different time period, a big kit would break their price ceiling and I don't think they'e ready for that yet. That suggests Cold War to me and most likely a T-55 as they already do one. Chieftain, Centurion, and Challenger are beaten by other manufacturer's offerings so unlikely. I'd go for M48 or M60 then. Wild Card would be the WW1 Tank in 48th but without the motor and ideally a Mk V which had a lot of users including Japan and could be backdated easily enough.

One thing we can be certain of? Whatever it is will be down to the mystic knowledge of Mr T and nothing much else. 

1 hour ago, Plasto said:

They could do worse to produce any modern ish soviet armour in 1/48.

So day a T-54/55. Or a T-72

A T-54/55 would be a good one,  I'd add a Centurion and M3 Half track,  all widely used, lots of potential.

7 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Chieftain, Centurion, and Challenger are beaten by other manufacturer's offerings so unlikely.

The only 1/48 Centurion's are the ancient Aurora and the resin Tank Workshop ones,  unless I missed something?   

Can't remember the tree layoutson the T-34/Su-122,  but a Su-85/Su-100 would be good too. 

Just now, Troy Smith said:

The only 1/48 Centurion's are the ancient Aurora and the resin Tank Workshop ones,  unless I missed something?   

Can't remember the tree layoutson the T-34/Su-122,  but a Su-85/Su-100 would be good too. 

I was thinking that their 35th offerings have been overtaken by others and would be unlikely to be the 100th kit subject. However I'm thinking maybe a big kit could be it, better profit margin and could open the door to more as they did in 35th. @dnl42 maybe a Dragon Wagon, or a Diamond T, or the German half-track and trailer. 25pdr, limber and tractor???

Hehehehe, just 1 simple question and the calvery was called out, or was it bud and all his friends.:idea:

Also they could do an M5 light tank, T40, M3 stuart late, and also canadian M5 without turrent, Ram II.

• Like 1

A Cent' would actually be appropriate from a name point of view, but as has been said, that exists in resin from Tank Mania (not Workshop) as well as the old Aurora kit. The only Chieftains I'm aware of are the ASAM white metal and resin version, the ARII underscale version and, potentially, a Blitzkrieg Miniatures one. I believe the Scammell and Trailer is also an ASAM kit.

Perhaps a Challenger would continue the modern Abrams and Japanese Type 10 Tank theme.

Nick

• Like 1