Tamiya 1/35 Panther G.

Building a Tamiya Panther G. Wanting to do a late war hard line cammo. Done some work on the turret but lots still to do. An the Hull I gotta make a start on. Figure is from Alpine.

46579491982_7836dd33aa_b.jpg

46579491812_1216a45d7b_b.jpg

45808585455_797079fcc2_b.jpg

Edited by Rangerboy83
Update
  • Like 4

Thank you. This is my first time trying hard line camouflage. Think i'm gonna do some more work reducing the Dark Yellow areas. I've got plenty Ref material so not doing the pattern blind. Just some bits i want to change. Most of my builds i try to leave as much of the tools and other parts off as i can. I find it easier to then work the different effects on the model. I then paint tools and other parts separately, fix them to the model and blend them in. If that makes sense but everyone has different methods. I've heard guys say on You tube channels / Books to try and treat them as small projects and spend a bit more time and effort on them. The small details make the difference.

• Like 1

46106773574_3eecea8e83_b.jpg

46106773604_2b0831ee78_b.jpg

39866775203_23f5c432a9_b.jpg

46106773504_816f57a3e6_b.jpg

Just a update on my build. Some filters and pin wash. With a little chipping so far. Done some work test fitting the road wheels and drive sprocket and  gave them a basic paint job and a wash. An a couple done in a old chipped white wash.

will gradually start to tone it down with oils  and weathering as the cam is still very stark.

• Like 3

46207601714_8bbe1f4918_b.jpg

Some more work on the panther. Most of the tools fitted and majority of the weathering done. Metal Tracks are fitted and I used AK burnish fluid for the first time. Gave some good effects with some pigment over it. Can’t see in this pic but was impressed with the results. Spare tracks and last bit of weathering and the ground work to finish.

• Like 3

Thanks. I’ve added a few bits for some visual interest. The engine deck in primmer, drive spocket and a few road wheels in old white wash and the barrel cleaning rod holder done in a slightly different cam as if it’s was from a different vehicle. Don’t normaly do weathering this heavy first time I’ve tried to replicate a late war vehicle in Autum / Winter.