SUEZ Hawker Hunter F5 - April 14th

On 4/16/2019 at 8:44 AM, jaw said:

Hi Chris,

Correction I do have photos of the vents underneath the wing root fillets - they are on both sides of the fuselage. PM me your e-mail address and I will forward them to you.

John

Thanks John. I have now sent you my email address.

Best,

Wow.  I bow in your general direction, Chris!  Quite a nice build...

You may be "venting on" about the F5 exhausts, but that is quite the cockpit you built!  How you got those knobs and dials so precise is beyond me!  HOW did you do it!?

I am struggling with 3 of my own Revell 1/32nds (F Mk.6, FGA.9/Mk58 and the ol' original kit FGA9 with the ill-mannered tapered leading edges).

I just stripped off the red and white training scheme for the second time... gonna get it right or blow a gasket trying!

keep up the fantastic work!

Doug S.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, Seahawk57 said:

Wow.  I bow in your general direction, Chris!  Quite a nice build...

You may be "venting on" about the F5 exhausts, but that is quite the cockpit you built!  How you got those knobs and dials so precise is beyond me!  HOW did you do it!?

I am struggling with 3 of my own Revell 1/32nds (F Mk.6, FGA.9/Mk58 and the ol' original kit FGA9 with the ill-mannered tapered leading edges).

I just stripped off the red and white training scheme for the second time... gonna get it right or blow a gasket trying!

keep up the fantastic work!

Doug S.

Hi Doug, thanks for your comments. With regard to the knobs and dials. The dials where from the Flightpath set and the knobs where all done with a Waldren punch and die set. I painted the correct colour for each knob and then painted a slightly lighter version in the middle (or thereabouts) of each knob. Hope that makes sense.

I feel for you with the red and white scheme. Looks great but is a challenge to get it right, which is why I am not doing it 🙂

• 1 year later...