BREGUET ALIZE the Gallic Gannet

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, basket said:

Hi CJP, Hi all !

Sorry for my late reply but last week and week-end were very busy !  :waiting:

Let's talk first about wheel chocks : it seems the one you scratched-built are quite good : see link below ( message #13 )

http://www.anciens-cols-bleus.net/t8481-aeronavale-divers-breguet-alize-br-1050

Nevertheless several ones were also used , and , as said via PM , Gaudart sent me the following photographs :

About towbar : thanks to a Gaudart's friend , member of a french restorer team in Corbas ( website here ), we have detailled photographs and all measurements IN MILLIMETERS .

19011308370717732316075801.jpg

19011308370917732316075803.jpg

19011308371117732316075805.jpg

19011308371017732316075804.jpg

19011308370817732316075802.jpg

I hope it will help !

One last word CJP : check your PM .;)

Hello basket - thanks to you and Henri I have been able to make a couple of towbars to go with my Alize - I made one just like your photos and another one without the square side reinforcing bars as the earlier photos don't appear to have them -

0706715.jpg

All constructed from Evergreen rod,sheet  & strip - the lever is from etch scrap and the loop from fuse wire.

IMG-8617.jpgIMG_8616.jpgIMG_8615.jpg

I will paint the towbar with the reinforcing bars silver like your photo and the other one yellow - thanks again for the measurements.

CJP

Edited by CJP
add photo

Superb job on - being kind to FM - what might be called a challenging model to build :D

lovely and and thanks for showing and inspiring 

I am am old enough and lucky enough to have seen the Alize fly. It seems a long time ago now. I always thought she looked very much the delightful French lady from her design lines. There is something so very Gallic about her looks. Fantastic modelling, well done. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Superb job on - being kind to FM - what might be called a challenging model to build :D

lovely and and thanks for showing and inspiring 

I am am old enough and lucky enough to have seen the Alize fly. It seems a long time ago now. I always thought she looked very much the delightful French lady from her design lines. There is something so very Gallic about her looks. Fantastic modelling, well done. 

Thanks for those kind comments JohnT

• 11 months later...

Hello Chris! I beg your pardon for having taken so long to signal to you about your magnificent ALIZE: at least a year to the day ... And also to forgive my very bad english.
But first of all I would like to tell you our sadness at the sight of what is happening to your country!
It is a frightening, monstrous disaster affecting your beautiful Australia and what is terrifying is not knowing how to stop it. If the sky could reserve for you all the water it pours over the south of France and overflows our rivers ...
Poor Planet and what sufferings everywhere.
Tell me if you are personally affected by this disaster and perhaps it would be better to come back to you a little later.
With all my compassion.
Henry Philip

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GAUDART said:

Hello Chris! I beg your pardon for having taken so long to signal to you about your magnificent ALIZE: at least a year to the day ... And also to forgive my very bad english.
But first of all I would like to tell you our sadness at the sight of what is happening to your country!
It is a frightening, monstrous disaster affecting your beautiful Australia and what is terrifying is not knowing how to stop it. If the sky could reserve for you all the water it pours over the south of France and overflows our rivers ...
Poor Planet and what sufferings everywhere.
Tell me if you are personally affected by this disaster and perhaps it would be better to come back to you a little later.
With all my compassion.
Henry Philip

Hello Henri - thank you for your kind words - we have fared better than some parts of our country with no serious fires within 50km so far but lots of heavy bushfire smoke at times which can turn red and even make the sky turn black which can be disconcerting - the organisations in charge of managing the disaster are very well co-ordinated & effective - south east Australia could sure use some of your rain!

So far so good and the FM Alize survives!

Chris

• Like 2

- As a child, I lived in Le Havre which is a large harbour at the entrance of the English Channel , and in those cold war days it was not uncommon to see warships paying goodwill visit so I had the opportunity to visit HMS EAGLE  I still remember having been  puzzled by an enormous Fairey Gannet with its  3 cockpits canopies glittering under the sun parked side by side with Sea-Hawks and Sea-Venoms all in the same duck-egg and dark sea-grey scheme, I still remember having thought  " If ever we coud have such a machine in our navy......!!!!" for me it was almost  ...Let's say....a Spitfire..!.I should have been ten or eleven........ some years later came the ALIZE, our navy had at last "her" Gannet.......But as beautifull as she looked, the Gannet is still the beautifullest....to my eyes of course  😁.......😁.. Thank you to turn me back to these happy years with your splendid ALIZE....

• Thanks 1

Hello Chris
Thank you for your response which reassures me a little.
I keep you in my thoughts without being able to do much more than my fervent prayers for water to arrive.

Well. I am not going to spread out here the many difficulties that I would be tempted to advance to excuse my too long delay, even if some are very serious.
So thanks to my very good friend "basket" (Rémy) I was able to discover that from the other side of the world a very talented model maker (CJP) had succeeded in a superb Alizé FM 1/48 and had posted his remarkably detailed montage on Britmodeller. I was very surprised to learn that Chris said that he was inspired by my own montage of wich the result, perhaps a little school level, is much lower than yours which perfectly reproduces the general look of this "French Gannet".
Bravo Maestro ! ... but I will not hide from you that I am very moved and a little proud that you have mentioned your humble servant.

I believe that I had promised basket to send you my complete assembly file saved in PDF which interested you.
I was thinking of making this shipment using "Dropbox" but I am too bad at IT and I have never managed to make this software work. And I get discouraged …
However, I think it could work with "Wetransfer".
Are you still interested in this file?

HP

Edited by GAUDART

Hello Henri Philip - thanks again, yes I would like to get a copy of your build as it was the inspiration for my Alize - however I'm an oldie not up on wetransfer  so I will ask my son about it and get back in touch with you - thanks too to "basket" for his help.

Chris

Hi guys !

Just catching up with this thread ! :winkgrin:

I'm glad Henri Philippe joined us on BM and managed to talk you directly Chris .

As Henri Philippe does , I'm crossing my fingers for your beautiful country , hoping that the situation will return under control ....

Rémy aka basket

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- As a child, I lived in Le Havre which is a large harbour at the entrance of the English Channel , and in those cold war days it was not uncommon to see warships paying goodwill visit so I had the opportunity to visit HMS EAGLE  I still remember having been  puzzled by an enormous Fairey Gannet with its  3 cockpits canopies glittering under the sun parked side by side with Sea-Hawks and Sea-Venoms all in the same duck-egg and dark sea-grey scheme, I still remember having thought  " If ever we coud have such a machine in our navy......!!!!" for me it was almost  ...Let's say....a Spitfire..!.I should have been ten or eleven........ some years later came the ALIZE, our navy had at last "her" Gannet.......But as beautifull as she looked, the Gannet is still the beautifullest....to my eyes of course  😁.......😁.. Thank you to turn me back to these happy years with your splendid ALIZE....

Hi IPMS19 - it is nice to hear memories like yours & I’m happy my Alize helped you reminisce!

CJP