Panzer IV

daront

Hello All.

I have been visiting the forum for a number of months now however i have yet to post any WIPs. The vast majority of my models are normally 1/72 scale aircraft and normally painted when i have been deployed for something to do to pass the time. I kinda fell out of love with modelling as i never managed to achieve good results, also having a baby kinda threw a spanner in the works with free time, however after seeing the work done by PlaStix, who i owe a huge thank you too i dug out an old Panzer i had semi started and have been trying lots of new techniques and just experimenting really.

So this is where i am so far, OOB, however i have been experimenting with the painting and using it as a test bed for future tanks.

31678108287_245419a1a7_b.jpg20190103_150143 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

This is where it was when i got her out of the garage, put together with a basic paint job

32701117378_1c61eb0926_b.jpg20190102_185246 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

Since then i have been working on the wheels and treads

32701119438_a267693db9_b.jpg20190102_185024 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

This is where she sits now. need to do some more weathering at a later date.

45895009734_087e201e96_b.jpg20190105_172032 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

Again big thanks to PlaStix, for his help and support and will continue to update when i can.

Regards

Daron  

• Like 11

Hey @daront excellent progress that’s looking really good. I think this is a great fun kit to practice on, quite a bit of detail with the tools and fittings and of course loads of wheels 🙂

12 hours ago, Yetifan said:

Hey @daront excellent progress that’s looking really good. I think this is a great fun kit to practice on, quite a bit of detail with the tools and fittings and of course loads of wheels 🙂

granted there are plenty of wheels

10 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Daron, 

Nice job so far. Particularly like how you've done the tracks.

Regards 

Steve 

i have to thank PlaStix for tips on painting tracks., thanks steve

• Like 1

A nice kit of a Panzer IV although it has some inaccuracies does build into a nice replica OOB.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Roger 

Hi Daron. Great to see you have got your WIP up and running! Very impressive work so far - the last photo with the running gear and tracks looks especially good. Looking forward to seeing more of you Panzer IV project.

Kind regards,

Stix

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

A nice kit of a Panzer IV although it has some inaccuracies does build into a nice replica OOB.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Roger 

thanks hamden,  i havent done any outside research, more of a build and see .

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice job, you've done well with those humbrol paints.

thanks, have used a number of different makers however decided to go down humbrol route for now

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Daron. Great to see you have got your WIP up and running! Very impressive work so far - the last photo with the running gear and tracks looks especially good. Looking forward to seeing more of you Panzer IV project.

Kind regards,

Stix

hey buddy, your builds have got me motivated again, and thanks for the kind words. Not going to do too much weathering as i beleive most tanks were destroyed before they had chance to rust.....the nature of war lol Hover i am trying to get more depth into the paintwork.

• Like 3

Evening all.First day back at school for the little one, so i actually managed to get some work done. I started on the turret, Did a little wash, wasnt best pleased with it as it didnt come out the way i wanted. I then did some dry brushing to highlight the edges and add a bit of depth. TBH i think it has come out alright.

45738687795_e479f1603b_b.jpg20190107_144911 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

Post turret work, i then started to work on the hull, first up was dry brushing again and a little wash. Added the turret stencils and a little light weathering.

46653823651_9227b4052d_b.jpg20190107_215114 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

Also added some of the tools.

46653824751_ebd8aee5dc_b.jpg20190107_215005 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

46653824191_cf3eb20b53_b.jpg20190107_215034 by daron trevascus, on Flickr

So next up will be some more tools, stencils and then a little bit of weathering and tidying up.

Regards

• Like 7

Hi Daron. I reckon your paintwork, washes, dry-brushing and light weathering have really done the trick. You have achieved a really believable appearance. Excellent progress. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Daron. I reckon your paintwork, washes, dry-brushing and light weathering have really done the trick. You have achieved a really believable appearance. Excellent progress. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

What he said!

Roger

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 10:31 AM, Hamden said:

What he said!

Roger

Guys.

Thanks for the kind comments..She is coming along nicely, a little rough but good..Havent done any last couple of days however will hopefully get back on it soon.

regards

daron