Wellington T.10 NC425 and others - questions

David Womby

I am building a T.10.   The only one I can find that has NO windows above the wings is NC425.   I need to model one without the overwing windows as I am using the old Airfix kit and it doesn't have those windows.    Can anybody point me at a photo of another T.10 that doesn't have the overwing windows, please, because I'd rather build one with the faired over turrets if there's such a config..

I know I need to enlarge the tailplanes and alter the rudder but is there anything else I need to do (do not say chuck it and get the new one!).  Also, the kit has a hedgehog exhaust for the starboard engine but a straight one for the port engine.  Seems odd.  Anyway, does that config of exhausts apply to the T.10?

Thanks for any help.

David

PS.  I am going to cross post this in WW2 section too.

Edited by David Womby

This photo shows RP468 as G-ALUH . It returned to its military markings in October 1949.

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/3/8/4/2373483.jpg?v=v40

She was used for radar trials and this is possibly one of the aerials under the wing.

uk2-rp468-vickers-wellington-1949orlater

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

This photo shows RP468 as G-ALUH . It returned to its military markings in October 1949.

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/3/8/4/2373483.jpg?v=v40

She was used for radar trials and this is possibly one of the aerials under the wing.

Thanks but I want an 'in service machine' with roundels and from that angle, I can't be sure she had no overwing windows.  Neat pic though - civvie registration!

4 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

No help what so ever, but a very nice photo of RP590 over Blackpool.

John

True, John. No help at all but worth seeing anyway.

David

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Womby said:

Thanks but I want an 'in service machine' with roundels and from that angle, I can't be sure she had no overwing windows.  Neat pic though - civvie registration!

In the first photo you can see that she has only a small window. You need to click the link to Airliners site.

She was only a civvie for a couple of months with Airworks  for radar trials over Norway.

When she reverted to military markings she would have had roundels as well as the serial number.

Thanks for all the help.  I am going to stick with NC425 in silver with yellow training bands and turrets.  I have clear pics of her.

Did the postwar T.10 have duel pilot seats and controls?  Would  the cockpit be black or the wartime 'interior green'?

Thanks

David