How long does one can of tamiya spray paint last?

Yeet yeet i dont like beet

So right now im working on the revell 1/72 C-54 skymaster, i have a  can of tamiya TS-17 and would like to use that to paint it. All i want to know is one  100 ml can enough for the whole plane and all i have done before with the can is a small test that it works. Btw any tips for using spray paint as i have not used it on models before. (not including varnish)

EDIT should i also apply a gloss black undercoat for TS-17 like with other metal paints?

Edited by Yeet yeet i dont like beet
Forgot to mention something

Buy at least two more cans.  You may not need them all for this kit, but you can always use more aluminium on something.  Far better that than realising on Sunday afternoon that you didn't have enough paint.  (Ask me how I know this ...)

The usual tips for using it: spray thinly in multiple coats; start and end your passes off the model; check you've masked everything then check again; rub down between coats if you think the surface is a bit rough.  Also check your spraying distance if any roughness is because the paint is drying before it reaches the model.

Not sure about the undercoat, but I expect it couldn't hurt.

tamiya spray cans push out paint REALLY fast. you will need to do very light coats and build it up bit by bit or it will likely run. i always shake the cr£p out of them and stand them in warm water to help it flow.

its so hard to control (for me anyway) i now decant it off to airbrush it instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can usually spray two 1/24 car body shells with one can, but decant and airbrush and you'll get more as you're not wasting anywhere near as much paint as when using them straight from the can. Better still just buy the newish Tamiya LP paints. Same thing but in a jar so no decanting required. Simply thin and spray..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

I can usually spray two 1/24 car body shells with one can, but decant and airbrush and you'll get more as you're not wasting anywhere near as much paint as when using them straight from the can. Better still just buy the newish Tamiya LP paints. Same thing but in a jar so no decanting required. Simply thin and spray..

And where am i going to get them in finland?

9 minutes ago, Yeet yeet i dont like beet said:

And where am i going to get them in finland?

Ask someone who lives in Finland. They could probably recommend a suitable model shop...