• 4 weeks later...

That's really nice.  I do especially like the silicon bow wave and must try to find the WIP thread to see how you did it.  I need a realistic bow wave for my WIP 1/600 ALACRITY in a South Atlantic gale and that's one of the best I've seen.

One thing that did strike me was the different turrets down aft and wondered if this was another of Trumpeter's famous inaccuracies, but on this occasion they do seem to be right.  I hadn't appreciated until I did a quick bit of research that some of the Tribals had one of the after MkXII 4.7 inch mountings was replaced by a Mk XVI 4 inch.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words Gent's

@Chewbacca   here is a link to the WIP the aft and forward guns were all replaced with a set from Atlantic Models as the kit one's are too big like I posted at the start I had help with this project from a lot of very helpful people

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235042762-hms-eskimo/

beefy

• 3 weeks later...

This is an excellent result, the painting and 'used' look is top drawer modelling.

The wake and wash are really well done as well. It was a bold choice to go with the big wave (brilliantly rendered as well, both shape and colour) but the ship looks a bit static with such a dynamic sea state to my eye.

A striking and genuinely inspirational model.

Alan

Edited by Alan P
  • Thanks 1