FW 190A-8/R2 Maximowitz Eduard new tool 1/48

Happy 2019 Guys !!!

First model of the year : the mount of Willi Maximowitz (France- Spring 1944). The kit is issued from the Reichsverteidigung box of Eduard. I did a mistake on it, i have removed nose machine guns (like many A8) but this one still have.

31677092307_dbc9db1936_b.jpg

32743894248_10d09fa08b_b.jpg

The kit in situation with B&W picture. Hurrah for the hair dryer which make running the engine :)

46614425871_3ea3bfbf92_c.jpg

cheers

Pierre

Edited by pierre Giustiniani
  • Like 58

A symphony in grey! In fact, I thought at first that the photos were monochrome and had to look closer to see the yellow of the fuel triangle and the spinner band. 😉

The weathering and finish are completely believable, not least thanks to the panel joints being visible through the markings – a vital point for the illusion of 'real'.

Excellent and very convincing model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Beautiful Wurger Pierre. Superb weathering and presentation.

Has the A-8 been released as a profipak in it's own right yet? Care has to be taken not to buy one of the old kits which, although good in their time, are not as good as the later version.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

Thank you Gents

All the markings are done with vinyl cutter (Silhouette) except the JG.3 emblem, more easy to preserve panel joints with paint and more easy to weather than decals.

The A-8/R2 is actually only released in the boxing "Reichsversteidigung" with a Bf 109. Il will be issued alone in few weeks.

Best regards

Pierre

• 2 months later...

Amazing work and presentation and i think you are Pretty accurate.

There are photos available showing this aircraft after landing in Dreux, France coming a fighter bomber mission during the Normandy campaign and the openings for the fuselage guns are clearly visible but not the gun muzzles . (Rodeike )

The removal of the fuselage machine guns during the Fw 190A-8/R2 production was standart but it looks like there were exceptions from that rule.

Maybe this was a converted normal A-8 or the cowling panels came from a different aircraft.

• Like 1

Hello Pierre

Through your fantastic Temepest, i want check your other works, so i am here now and i am really impressed again, you are a great modeler, i like your treatment with colours, and the 190 is a very good example of your excellent works

• Like 1