Greetings from Cleveland, OH USA

RadMax8

Hello, all!

My name’s Max, and I’m new to this lovely site. I used to be a very active modeler in High School and College, but after getting into the workforce I’ve been a little on and off. Bench time doesn’t look to be getting much more frequent however, as I’ve got a 6 month old at home. But I can live vicariously through you, right?

My main interests are 1/48 scale (I know, stupid Yank) WWII aircraft from both sides and 1/20-1/25 scale cars, with a heavy emphasis on racing machines. My favorite aircraft is probably the early P-51s with Allison engines, followed closely by the P-47 Razorback. My favorite race car is the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, with the Porsche 956/962 as a very near 2nd. I’d be interested in trying my hand at some 1/48 armor some day, if I ever get some free time.

In the real world, I deal with Automated Laser Systems sales, but enough about boring things. My true interests include watching and attending motorsporting events such as Indycar, IMSA, and the WEC (Ok, the 24 Hours of Le Mans) and watching and playing (poorly) ice hockey. I also dabble in aquariums, only freshwater tropical fish though. 

Well, I suppose that’s plenty of info about me. Thanks for letting me join the community!

• Like 1

Hello Max ... :welcome:to Britmodeller from Chicago. I know what thats like, a 6 month old and no time to model. Though that was 22 years ago for me. I say go ahead and try to enjoy what little time you can with the hobby. Even if its one piece glued a day or week its still model building. 

Dennis

On 1/5/2019 at 11:29 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Max ... :welcome:to Britmodeller from Chicago. I know what thats like, a 6 month old and no time to model. Though that was 22 years ago for me. I say go ahead and try to enjoy what little time you can with the hobby. Even if its one piece glued a day or week its still model building. 

Dennis

Thanks for the encouragement, Dennis! I actually took some time to fire up the airbrushing station and do some work I’ve been meaning to do for a couple months. Unfortunately they don’t make baby respirators! Luckily my girl did seem to enjoy the decaling sessions and other work, so when I get back to that stuff I can include her. 

On 1/6/2019 at 4:48 AM, Steve86 said:

Hi Max and welcome along from the UK. My modelling interests are roughly the same as your, 1/72, 1/48 aircraft, 1/24 cars and I like motorsports too, F1, nascar, UK oval racing, touring cars etc.

Hello Steve! I don’t know how you guys handle that 1/72 stuff. Maybe hanging around here I’ll get the courage to try it. I just really like all my planes to be in the same scale for display. I’ve got a 1/48 B-1, if that tells you how deep my affliction is. 

My wife got me a season pass to the local-ish road course for Christmas, and this year they’ve got Rallycross, Sports cars/Touring cars, vintage cars and bikes, Indycar, even NASCAR! Safe to say I’ll be spending plenty of time outdoors this summer! 

Thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1