Percival Proctor Mk.III, 1/48, Dora Wings

All right, the border between the colors of camouflage should be sharp.
I have a withered maskol, there was nowhere to buy quickly (the Christmas holidays). :(

I wanted to finish the model very much, so I painted it without masks.

Very neat

a small point

DSC-0015.jpg&key=fc905c0e3ba56e9feac2ce0

Both the colours and proportion of the roundels and fin flash look incorrect,  (this maybe just from what was available for a test build?)

note the proportion upper wing roundel. model red centre too small, there is a formula for this ratio,  (I think the centre is 2/5th the total diameter)  and the thinner white and yellow rings and stripe on the fin flash.   Just visible is the serial, which looks to be a standard 8 inch type. 

I know this is a Proctor IV, but the roundels etc should be the same,    @John Aero  will know for sure.prototype-percival-proctor-4-la589-10633

Hope of use

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice ...

But anyone noticed the discrepancy of the head on views between the underlying plan on the 6th photo and the model  (2nd from left in the top row of the small pics) ?

Or is the plan wring here ?

3 hours ago, John Aero said:

I hope that this can be read as I had to convert it from a Tif to a Jpeg.

John

Proctor%20camo%20scheme_zps43dtm25l.jpg

Thanks John,....... hope you are keeping well?

Cheers

Tony

Occa,

Are you referring to the model's slightly more dihedral, because I think that that is a slight mistake in quick build  (glue still soft?). The plan dihedrals were done to the right angles as set down in the rigging manual. The kit is spot on.

Cheers

John

Tony,

Yes, I had very good results in my last test.

John

11 hours ago, John Aero said:

Occa,

Are you referring to the model's slightly more dihedral, because I think that that is a slight mistake in quick build  (glue still soft?). The plan dihedrals were done to the right angles as set down in the rigging manual. The kit is spot on.

Cheers

John

Tony,

John

That's right. Proctor was a test build that could be seen at Telford.
I have already collected Vega slowly ...

This will be the next model this year. :)

DSC-0003.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Aero said:

Occa,

Cheers

John

Tony,

John

Hi John !

No I mean that in the plan the fuselage bulges out sideways in the front view, like the max cross section forms kind of a rounded irregular hexagon ...

Hi Occa,

No I can assure you that the fuselage doesn't bulge at the sides,it's just how the plan has been photographed. Those are the plans the CAD was done from and every section was drawn from Percival originals. The fuselage sections progression  starting at the windscreen frame back to the radio hatch are quite complex. There is even a tapering crease in the cabin door sides.

Cheers

John

Yes you're right, after looking at some photos it tells me the model is correct indeed.

I was chasing windmills obviously lol

Time to order the 1/72 versions ....

Cheers

Martin