This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PlaStix

Panzer III STGB - From Sat 6 Feb 2021 to Sun 9 May 2021

For those wanting inspiration or references the Haynes manual on the Panzer III is now available at The Works for £7, or even less if you spend more than £10 and enter the code "jingle", and yes I have one ordered :) .

On 13/11/2019 at 11:01, srkirad said:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to start of this GB ;)

Me too!

On 25/11/2019 at 12:45, sampanzer said:

I think I would like to be involved in this one too please

Hi sampanzer. Welcome to the GB. You are on the list at number 30.

Only a year and a month or so until the off!! Can't wait!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix. I've read the message from you. I can be involved in this project or something... if I could choose particular mode to make, I mean the Sturmgeschutz III ausf G with a shutzens and 75mm long gun barrel. So what would you say?

regards

W

1 hour ago, witjas4 said:

Hi Stix. I've read the message from you. I can be involved in this project or something... if I could choose particular mode to make, I mean the Sturmgeschutz III ausf G with a shutzens and 75mm long gun barrel. So what would you say?

regards

W

Hi W. Yes that sounds perfect for this Group Build but please keep in mind that this GB doesn’t start for another year and a month. I think your modelling skills will certainly be of interest to other modellers taking part. Have you thought what kit you will use as a basis for your project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi W. Yes that sounds perfect for this Group Build but please keep in mind that this GB doesn’t start for another year and a month. I think your modelling skills will certainly be of interest to other modellers taking part. Have you thought what kit you will use as a basis for your project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi. First please tell me using simple words :) how it will go. If I understood well, members of the GB will start model making simultaneously in February 2021 and during modelling they will public photos of their progress on Work in Progress topic. Correct me if I wrong. And yes, I thinking about an old Tamiya Kit model no. 35014 (MM114), I already have it (unstarted) in my nook :)

Chears

Edited by witjas4

Posted (edited)
On 05/01/2020 at 11:46, witjas4 said:

If I understood well, members of the GB will start model making simultaneously in February 2021 and during modelling they will public photos of their progress on Work in Progress topic. Correct me if I wrong.

Hi witjas4 - you are absolutely correct. The idea of a Single Type Group Build (STGB) is that a group of modellers all build models of a single type of a AFV (aircraft, ships, etc. in other STGBs) at the same time. This STGB will be for any kits/models to be built of the Panzer III and other directly related AFVs based on the Pz.III. More details can be found in the first post here.

STGBs often mean that there is more support available from other modellers in the GB for those who, perhaps, are less of an expert on a particular subject. 

Single Type Group Builds last for three months - in this case from Saturday 6th February 2021 to Sunday 9th May 2021. Anyone taking part can start building their Pz.III or variant of, on or as soon after the 6th February 2021. During the STGB it is required that anyone taking part will post regular update posts in the forum area - which will be set up the week the GB starts - and that these update posts include some photos of the progress made. The last time five photos of the final model can be added to the Gallery for the Group Build will be midnight on Sunday 9th May. After that there will be a poll - just for fun - where any members of Britmodeller can vote for their favourite Pz.III model in the Gallery.

Some modellers build just the kit of their choice whereas others buy lots of aftermaket products (photo etch sets, stowage sets, resin and metal replacemnet parts, etc.) build bases, add figures or even make two or three different models. It all depends on how much time modellers have and how much they want to be involved. For some, I know, the Panzer III is one of their favourite AFVs ever - even if they usually make aircraft, ships, cars, etc. so it might be a busy GB.

At the start of last year I hosted the Panzer IV STGB which proved to be very popular - perhaps you might like to check it out - it can be found here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/648-panzer-iv-stgb/

Nice idea for which kit to build too! :thumbsup:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

So there's now just a year until this STGB starts!! Hopefully everyone has an idea of what they are going to build. If not you are running out of time!!! There's only a year left to make up your mind!! Since the GB was announced over a year or so ago I must have changed my mind about three or four times as to what I'm going to make. At the moment I'm torn between something straight forward from Tamiya or something more complex from MiniArt. Time will tell if I decide on one of these or something else all together. :frantic:

And there's still plenty of time to sign up if you fancy joining in the Pz.III fun!

Kind regards,

Stix 

11 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Since the GB was announced over a year or so ago I must have changed my mind about three or four times as to what I'm going to make. At the moment I'm torn between something straight forward from Tamiya or something more complex from MiniArt. Time will tell if I decide on one of these or something else all together. :frantic:

Or maybe all of them?  :wicked: