Panzer III STGB Chat

PlaStix

On 25/11/2019 at 12:45, sampanzer said:

I think I would like to be involved in this one too please

Hi sampanzer. Welcome to the GB. You are on the list at number 30.

Only a year and a month or so until the off!! Can't wait!

Kind regards,

Stix

• 1 month later...

Hi Stix. I've read the message from you. I can be involved in this project or something... if I could choose particular mode to make, I mean the Sturmgeschutz III ausf G with a shutzens and 75mm long gun barrel. So what would you say?

regards

W

• Like 2

1 hour ago, witjas4 said:

Hi Stix. I've read the message from you. I can be involved in this project or something... if I could choose particular mode to make, I mean the Sturmgeschutz III ausf G with a shutzens and 75mm long gun barrel. So what would you say?

regards

W

Hi W. Yes that sounds perfect for this Group Build but please keep in mind that this GB doesn’t start for another year and a month. I think your modelling skills will certainly be of interest to other modellers taking part. Have you thought what kit you will use as a basis for your project?

Kind regards,

Stix

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi W. Yes that sounds perfect for this Group Build but please keep in mind that this GB doesn’t start for another year and a month. I think your modelling skills will certainly be of interest to other modellers taking part. Have you thought what kit you will use as a basis for your project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi. First please tell me using simple words :) how it will go. If I understood well, members of the GB will start model making simultaneously in February 2021 and during modelling they will public photos of their progress on Work in Progress topic. Correct me if I wrong. And yes, I thinking about an old Tamiya Kit model no. 35014 (MM114), I already have it (unstarted) in my nook :)

Chears

Edited by witjas4
  • Like 2

On 05/01/2020 at 11:46, witjas4 said:

If I understood well, members of the GB will start model making simultaneously in February 2021 and during modelling they will public photos of their progress on Work in Progress topic. Correct me if I wrong.

Hi witjas4 - you are absolutely correct. The idea of a Single Type Group Build (STGB) is that a group of modellers all build models of a single type of a AFV (aircraft, ships, etc. in other STGBs) at the same time. This STGB will be for any kits/models to be built of the Panzer III and other directly related AFVs based on the Pz.III. More details can be found in the first post here.

STGBs often mean that there is more support available from other modellers in the GB for those who, perhaps, are less of an expert on a particular subject. 

Single Type Group Builds last for three months - in this case from Saturday 6th February 2021 to Sunday 9th May 2021. Anyone taking part can start building their Pz.III or variant of, on or as soon after the 6th February 2021. During the STGB it is required that anyone taking part will post regular update posts in the forum area - which will be set up the week the GB starts - and that these update posts include some photos of the progress made. The last time five photos of the final model can be added to the Gallery for the Group Build will be midnight on Sunday 9th May. After that there will be a poll - just for fun - where any members of Britmodeller can vote for their favourite Pz.III model in the Gallery.

Some modellers build just the kit of their choice whereas others buy lots of aftermaket products (photo etch sets, stowage sets, resin and metal replacemnet parts, etc.) build bases, add figures or even make two or three different models. It all depends on how much time modellers have and how much they want to be involved. For some, I know, the Panzer III is one of their favourite AFVs ever - even if they usually make aircraft, ships, cars, etc. so it might be a busy GB.

At the start of last year I hosted the Panzer IV STGB which proved to be very popular - perhaps you might like to check it out - it can be found here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/648-panzer-iv-stgb/

Nice idea for which kit to build too! :thumbsup:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So there's now just a year until this STGB starts!! Hopefully everyone has an idea of what they are going to build. If not you are running out of time!!! There's only a year left to make up your mind!! Since the GB was announced over a year or so ago I must have changed my mind about three or four times as to what I'm going to make. At the moment I'm torn between something straight forward from Tamiya or something more complex from MiniArt. Time will tell if I decide on one of these or something else all together. :frantic:

And there's still plenty of time to sign up if you fancy joining in the Pz.III fun!

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Since the GB was announced over a year or so ago I must have changed my mind about three or four times as to what I'm going to make. At the moment I'm torn between something straight forward from Tamiya or something more complex from MiniArt. Time will tell if I decide on one of these or something else all together. :frantic:

Or maybe all of them?  :wicked:  

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Great choice Ozzy! Hopefully it will be out before this STGB starts!! 

Might have to get one of those myself at some point!

Hope you and yours are all well.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great choice Ozzy! Hopefully it will be out before this STGB starts!! 

Might have to get one of those myself at some point!

Hope you and yours are all well.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

There it was in my inbox the email said available from July 20, hopefully not to long after. We're all good down here doing a bit of work and a lot of modelling, hope you and the family are well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Stix, I'm late to the party but might there be room for another one? I'll behave and sit quietly at the back...

Never tried a group build before so possibly not entirely up to speed with the procedure but sure even I can figure it out

Cheers

Darryl 

• Like 2

Hopefully I will be organised enough next year to take part in this STGB. 

If I’ve got enough time it’ll be the Dragon or Cyber Hobby 1:35 SiG33 which I have a couple of already. (Or If I win the Lotto it’ll be the new issue one off DAK field built precursor to the SiG33 just released.). 

Alternatively if I’m not organised and don’t have much time it’ll be the Airfix 1:76 StuG III which I built as a kid what seemed like a million years ago as I’d like to build another one of these before I kick the bucket. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I'll have time for at least one kit for this GB. I'm looking in particular at the Forces of Valor Panzer III N, but I also have Panzer III kits from Revell, Italeri (ex-ESCI) and First to Fight, as well as StuG III kits from Revell, Attack and Italeri (ex-ESCI again). I also have a Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B from Attack, although it (like the Attack StuG III) looks like an awkward build.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

As I seem to have "accidentally" ordered a Tamiya 1/48 Panzer III Ausf L with plans to build it as a DAK machine I think that you had best add my name to the list Stix.

Oops.  It must be a problem w/ computers.  This happens to me a bit too often.....  I was just looking, I swear.

• Haha 2

On 12/06/2020 at 22:30, Jasper dog said:

Hi Stix, I'm late to the party but might there be room for another one? I'll behave and sit quietly at the back...

Never tried a group build before so possibly not entirely up to speed with the procedure but sure even I can figure it out

Cheers

Darryl 

Hi Darryl. There certainly is plenty of room for more. Welcome along. I have added you to the list in post 1. Please ask if you have any questions about GBs.

On 13/06/2020 at 13:55, Rob S said:

Hopefully I will be organised enough next year to take part in this STGB. 

If I’ve got enough time it’ll be the Dragon or Cyber Hobby 1:35 SiG33 which I have a couple of already. (Or If I win the Lotto it’ll be the new issue one off DAK field built precursor to the SiG33 just released.). 

Alternatively if I’m not organised and don’t have much time it’ll be the Airfix 1:76 StuG III which I built as a kid what seemed like a million years ago as I’d like to build another one of these before I kick the bucket. 

Hi Rob. Welcome along. I hope you do get time to take part. I have added you to the list on post 1. I'm looking forward to seeing which one of them you end up making.

On 02/08/2020 at 10:43, klr said:

I think I'll have time for at least one kit for this GB. I'm looking in particular at the Forces of Valor Panzer III N, but I also have Panzer III kits from Revell, Italeri (ex-ESCI) and First to Fight, as well as StuG III kits from Revell, Attack and Italeri (ex-ESCI again). I also have a Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33B from Attack, although it (like the Attack StuG III) looks like an awkward build.

Hi klr. Great to have you along with what seems like an interesting range of choices. I have added you to the list in post 1.

11 hours ago, modelling minion said:

As I seem to have "accidentally" ordered a Tamiya 1/48 Panzer III Ausf L with plans to build it as a DAK machine I think that you had best add my name to the list Stix.

Hi Craig. That sounds like a good accident! I've made one of them before and it's lovely kit to build. I'm thinking of making the Tamiya 1/35 version of the same. Maybe....... it's one of my favourite tanks and I have a few in the stash. Welcome to the GB.

56 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if Stug III’s were used in Africa ? 

I am no expert on this but I think there were a few. I checked and there is a discussion here:

Well there's less than six months until this a STGB starts and I cannot wait!

Anymore modellers interested?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if Stug III’s were used in Africa ? 

Yes there were, but not many at all.

I believe that there was a shipment of 12 C/D's of which half were lost ( not 100% sure but they might have been lost fighting in Greece) the rest made it to Africa but not sure where/when they were used.

Try this link mate;

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=196846

Edited by modelling minion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Yes there were, but not many at all.

I believe that there was a shipment of 12 C/D's of which half were lost ( not 100% sure but they might have been lost fighting in Greece) the rest made it to Africa but not sure where/when they were used.

26 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Darryl. There certainly is plenty of room for more. Welcome along. I have added you to the list in post 1. Please ask if you have any questions about GBs.

Hi Rob. Welcome along. I hope you do get time to take part. I have added you to the list on post 1. I'm looking forward to seeing which one of them you end up making.

Hi klr. Great to have you along with what seems like an interesting range of choices. I have added you to the list in post 1.

Hi Craig. That sounds like a good accident! I've made one of them before and it's lovely kit to build. I'm thinking of making the Tamiya 1/35 version of the same. Maybe....... it's one of my favourite tanks and I have a few in the stash. Welcome to the GB.

I am no expert on this but I think there were a few. I checked and there is a discussion here:

Well there's less than six months until this a STGB starts and I cannot wait!

Anymore modellers interested?

Kind regards,

Stix

Something I will need to research as Im a bit of a fanatic for the looks of the StuG. If all else fails it’ll be an eastern front one. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix. I hope I’ll have the time too and be even more greedy with time if I could do both!  

Late Edit : Just noticed I’m Number 33 so it’ll have to be  the SiG33!  

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 1