Panzer III STGB Chat

PlaStix

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Stix will be announcing the dates for this GB shortly.

Enzo and I have had a bit of a chat and we have decided that this STGB will run

That gives everyone a good couple of years to practice their modelling skills in all the other AFV STGBs that are happening - so we have perfected our skills ready for the Pz.III GB in February 2021! :thumbsup:

If you want to take part and haven't signed up already, please let us know below!

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 3

Is anyone else a bit freaked out that we're organising GBs two years in the future?!?!  :yikes:

I intend building a Panzer III Ausf B in 1/35 from the Mini Art kit.   It's a bit of an odd version, as it has eight road wheels per side, like a Panzer IV.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Is anyone else a bit freaked out that we're organising GBs two years in the future?!?!  :yikes:

I intend building a Panzer III Ausf B in 1/35 from the Mini Art kit.   It's a bit of an odd version, as it has eight road wheels per side, like a Panzer IV.

I have to say I was a bit freaked it was two years away but there's plenty of other AFV GBs to keep us occupied in the meantime.

With regards the MiniArt kit - I have the same kit - is it this one?

32855281178_00c7ea04a3_b.jpg

If it is - it's a really great looking kit and I love the fact it has all the additional track armour and comes with stowage boxes.

I'm tempted to make that kit too but then I have all these kits in the stash to chose from too!:

32855283158_ee5ffa42b0_b.jpg

46730398871_910f9f34ef_b.jpg

32855282838_3b234f3316_b.jpg

32855282668_09cb14b4e5_b.jpg

32855282478_a26a195f22_b.jpg

46730397171_0ce770978c_b.jpg

46730396631_b2dba0e8c5_b.jpg

32855281868_04b43fa1b0_b.jpg

32855281548_b64cff5e6d_b.jpg

46730395091_3ee7e7cf64_b.jpg

32855280998_fa8fba8453_b.jpg

And finally the one I think I'm going to make at the moment...........maybe.......:

46730394141_4284a79858_b.jpg

Told you I liked Pz.IIIs!!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Mine is 35221.  It doesn't have all that extra armour, but it does have a crew.

Right. These kits are part of the trial series of A to D versions. Your's looks to be mostly similar to mine bar the figures in yours and the extra tracks and stowage in mine.

Kind regards,

Stix

The track assembly is really scaring me.  :door:  I though my current Panzer IV build was bad enough with its separate track links, but this one has seperate track links and two track pins per link.  That's just insane! :mental:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Yes but thats the way it seems to be working/heading ? Ive temporarily decided to stop suggesting new builds. This is because im currently hosting 3 builds and co-hosting 1 in the next 2 years. That may be added to with a 4th build if i get one more sign-up in the British armor build i have going ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

I have to say I was a bit freaked it was two years away but there's plenty of other AFV GBs to keep us occupied in the meantime.

With regards the MiniArt kit - I have the same kit - is it this one?

32855281178_00c7ea04a3_b.jpg

If it is - it's a really great looking kit and I love the fact it has all the additional track armour and comes with stowage boxes.

I'm tempted to make that kit too but then I have all these kits in the stash to chose from too!:

32855283158_ee5ffa42b0_b.jpg

46730398871_910f9f34ef_b.jpg

32855282838_3b234f3316_b.jpg

32855282668_09cb14b4e5_b.jpg

32855282478_a26a195f22_b.jpg

46730397171_0ce770978c_b.jpg

46730396631_b2dba0e8c5_b.jpg

32855281868_04b43fa1b0_b.jpg

32855281548_b64cff5e6d_b.jpg

46730395091_3ee7e7cf64_b.jpg

32855280998_fa8fba8453_b.jpg

And finally the one I think I'm going to make at the moment...........maybe.......:

46730394141_4284a79858_b.jpg

Told you I liked Pz.IIIs!!!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well there is a couple of kits I see that interest me.

• Like 2

I suppose the problem we are going to have is that, because this GB is currently due to happen so far in the future, people are going to forget about it in the meantime.

So I have been thinking (a concern - yes I know! :banghead:) : 

If you have thoughts as to what you might build for this STGB then please post up some details below - including photos if available.

We could start collecting links to suitable Pz.III reference material.

If anyone has any other ideas please let us know.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Stix,

I'm up for this one but I will forget, just as I did with the Panzer IV one.  So if it is ok I'll tag along nearer the time.

No problem. I have added you to the list in post #1 and I will do like I did with the Pz.IV STGB and contact everyone a while before the GB starts.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

I will probably build one of the other Pz.IIIs and post the odd update photo in this thread.

People at the least could post actual Panzer III photo’s occasionally to bump the thread to the top ? I am always doing research. I occasionally find stuff not related to my subject matter mixed in. If i find any good Panzer III Pictures i will post them here. 

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

I will probably build one of the other Pz.IIIs and post the odd update photo in this thread. Might not be for a while yet though as I have a few GBs lined up. Other modellers could do the same.

Playing devils advocate....

If at its heart a STGB is just a thread where folk come together to build the same or similar subjects. Then if you promote builds into a thread

Aren’t you then basically conducting a GB but over a 2 year time frame???

The issue is there are lots of great ideas for GB’s and if promoted well and actively you can get the numbers to reach the threshold. 

The issue is there isn’t enough time to fit em all in hence the 2 year wait for it to begin.

I agree keeping the interest in the GB you have right now active and engaged over a 2 year period is a significant challenge.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Plasto said:

Playing devils advocate....

If at its heart a STGB is just a thread where folk come together to build the same or similar subjects. Then if you promote builds into a thread

Aren’t you then basically conducting a GB but over a 2 year time frame???

The issue is there are lots of great ideas for GB’s and if promoted well and actively you can get the numbers to reach the threshold. 

The issue is there isn’t enough time to fit em all in hence the 2 year wait for it to begin.

I agree keeping the interest in the GB you have right now active and engaged over a 2 year period is a significant challenge.

Very good point! Hadn’t thought of it that way - wasn't my intention at all but I can see why it could be seen that way. I have taken it out of my original post. You could edit out of yours or it may look like it's still an option.

Kind regards,

Stix

52 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

People at the least could post actual Panzer III photo’s occasionally to bump the thread to the top ? I am always doing research. I occasionally find stuff not related to my subject matter mixed in. If i find any good Panzer III Pictures i will post them here. 

Dennis

Great idea Dennis! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, badger said:

Hi Stix

Sign me up for this one please. Plenty of suitable 1/72 subjects in the stash.

All the best

Ben

Hi Ben. Great to have you on board. Looking forward to following another of your 1/72 masterpieces. I have added you to the list in post #1. Thank you for signing up.

if anyone else is interested in signing up you have plenty of time to find a suitable kit - this STGB doesn’t start until February 2021! Make sure you come and join in the fun! 

Kind regards,

Stix

3 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ben. Great to have you on board. Looking forward to following another of your 1/72 masterpieces. I have added you to the list in post #1. Thank you for signing up.

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Stix

If I can resist it I have a conversion for a bergepanzer iii seen in Normandy that was fitted with winterketten 

All the best

Ben

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
12 hours ago, srkirad said:

Let's get closer to necessary number for STGB - please add me to the list - I have Revell 1/72 Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. L in stash, waiting for its chance to be built...

Thanks,

Srđan

Hi Srđan. No need to worry - this Single Type Group Build already has the necessary people signed up for it to go ahead. STGBs need 25 people signed up for them to happen. I have added you to the list in the first post at number 29. Full GBs need 30 people signed up plus they also have to get through end of year voting - known as the 'bunfight'.

And no need to worry about getting ready before the start date of this STGB......to avoid clashing with other AFV STGBs this Pz.III STGB doesn't start until February 2021!

I'm looking forward to following your 1/72nd project. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Srđan. No need to worry - this Single Type Group Build already has the necessary people signed up for it to go ahead. STGBs need 25 people signed up for them to happen. I have added you to the list in the first post at number 29. Full GBs need 30 people signed up plus they also have to get through end of year voting - known as the 'bunfight'.

And no need to worry about getting ready before the start date of this STGB......to avoid clashing with other AFV STGBs this Pz.III STGB doesn't start until February 2021!

I'm looking forward to following your 1/72nd project. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

Oh, I permuted STGB and GB necessary numbers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to start of this GB ;)

Thanks for putting me on the list Stix!

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1