Panzer III STGB Chat

PlaStix

With only just over 2 weeks before the start of this GB I have bought some reference material to help with my builds, with the crew painting book who knows I might even get to put some figures in them. :shrug:

IMG_1481

• Like 4

Hi Bob. Nice collection of reference materials. I think figures can often bring some models to life but figure painting can take some time to get used to. When I was starting to paint figures I bought some random figures I wasn't bothered about to practice on and I still use them today to try new things on.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do chaps,

This is what I'll be adding to the shenanigans!

5G6Ysgm.jpg

Looks really nice on the sprues and as I'm yet to build a Takom kit I'm really looking forward to getting started on it.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

How do chaps,

This is what I'll be adding to the shenanigans!

5G6Ysgm.jpg

Looks really nice on the sprues and as I'm yet to build a Takom kit I'm really looking forward to getting started on it.

Regards,

Steve

I have that kit in the stash Steve and I agree it looks a great kit to build. I've built a Takom kit in the past and it was very enjoyable indeed 🙂👍

• Like 3

So my kit for the GB just landed and at first glance it looks rather splendid 🙂. Lot's of sprues though so attention required methinks 🤔👍

spacer.png

Happy Days I like receiving new kits 😀 👍

• Like 7

On 1/26/2021 at 11:32 AM, Andy J said:

So my kit for the GB just landed and at first glance it looks rather splendid 🙂. Lot's of sprues though so attention required methinks 🤔👍

spacer.png

nice, I am doing their Ausf D (with wooden boxes) so will be good to see how another build goes

• Like 5

On 26/01/2021 at 11:32, Andy J said:

spacer.png

Looks good! I've got their 'B' in my stash, very similar. What a lot of wheels 😀😬

• Haha 2

On 23/01/2021 at 09:35, robw_uk said:

2 weeks ladies & gentlemen.... need to get the LAP-7 built and ready for paint then the PzIII can start... all set

I keep peeking at mine, can't wait! I feel like I did when I found HMS Hood hidden in my parents bedroom before Christmas (my wicked sister showed me their hiding place).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Enzo has kindly opened the Panzer III STGB area. You can now start your threads but please don't start your build until Saturday 6th February, when the GB officially starts.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

13 hours ago, PlaStix said:

@Ozzy has kindly offered to co-host this GB with me, so thank you Ozzy.

Kind regards,

Stix

No worries @PlaStix

if my memory is correct I think you co hosted my Tiger STGB.

• Like 3

My apologies gents, but I will.have to bow out of this GB as I don't have a suitable candidate in the stash😟, and have no prospect of acquiring one for the foreseeable future. 

I will look in On your projects though and offer encouragement from time to time.

Cheers Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

My apologies gents, but I will.have to bow out of this GB as I don't have a suitable candidate in the stash😟, and have no prospect of acquiring one for the foreseeable future. 

I will look in On your projects though and offer encouragement from time to time.

Cheers Greg

Hi Greg. I am sorry to hear that. I always think your builds are an integral part of any Group Builds.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MrEmeralds said:

I have a Dragon SU-76i gathered up in my stash, I just need to find some tracks for it.

Looking forward to seeing this come together, as I’ve not seen one of these before.

• Like 1

If it's ok, I'd like to join in at the bargain basement end of proceedings with an Ausf G from Armourfast in 1/72. It doesn't look to be the most highly detailed of kits but at least it doesn't have rubber-band tracks.

It doesn't turn up for ten days which will give me time to read up on the subject, all knowledge on German armour has long been forgotten.

Sorry for lowering the tone.

John.

• Like 1

Hi John. You are more than welcome to join with your Armourfast Panzer III. Looking forward to seeing it in progress when it arrives.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all. Only a couple of days to go until we can start building our kits!! Judging by the threads already started, it looks like we are going to have a wide range of Panzer IIIs and StuG IIIs to enjoy watching being made, in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35, from an interesting range of kit manufactures. There's some rather nice aftermarket items going to be used as well!

I can't wait for it all to get started!!

KInd regards,

Stix

• Like 5