Panzer III STGB Chat

PlaStix

That is unsual for the paint to behave like that, specially as Mig Jimenez touts he is an artist that produces top quality user friendly products.   Could be the paints got frozen (acrylics don't like frigid temperatures), bad batch (unlikely since they weren't bought all at the same time),  or paint brush is contaminated?

Maybe try adding a drop acrylic Future  clear (floor polish) - this something I do sometimes for airbrushing, but Future does have self-leveling properties.  Another thing to try is a drop of dish soap, this will break surface tension, though usually is just when creating your own wash.   Either of these options not sure if it can rescue this paint.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What have I done? From 0 Panzer III to this in a few months. I think I have a new favourite.

Five wheels, eight wheels, stumpy gun, long gun, shurzen, flamm. All I'm missing now is a befehlswagen with a dummy gun, and then I can start on the StuGs...

Stix, it's all your fault! And no, I'm not going to try and build one before the GB finishes. Not even the quick Tamiya one.

l8lw4s2WjByMQ7yPKe1Yixne_PGqa7jdVSt8XrH6

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ned said:

What have I done? From 0 Panzer III to this in a few months. I think I have a new favourite.

Five wheels, eight wheels, stumpy gun, long gun, shurzen, flamm. All I'm missing now is a befehlswagen with a dummy gun, and then I can start on the StuGs...

Stix, it's all your fault! And no, I'm not going to try and build one before the GB finishes. Not even the quick Tamiya one.

Oh lord, I forgot the Flamm and the command tanks. Thought it was only the StuG F/8 that I still needed to give me one of every combination of wheels/guns. Still, more models is never a bad thing :D 

Andy

• Like 2

On 11/05/2021 at 16:27, Ned said:

Stix, it's all your fault!

I accept full responsibility for your actions!! Your stash is all the better for having some Pz.IIIs in it!! I think I still have about 7 or 8 left in my stash!!.......so you are still three behind!! Looks like you have excellent kits there too! I always liked the Pz.III...............once I'd built one I had to buy more!  .......sound familiar?! :evil_laugh:

Welcome to the dark side!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well. Just thought I would mention that there is now.....

..........just two weeks until the end of this STGB at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 30th May!! :frantic:

Time flies when you're having fun!!

Good luck to anyone still trying to get their build finished.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

On 13/05/2021 at 21:12, PlaStix said:

I accept full responsibility for your actions!! Your stash is all the better for having some Pz.IIIs in it!! I think I still have about 7 or 8 left in my stash!!.......so you are still three behind!! Looks like you have excellent kits there too! I always liked the Pz.III...............once I'd built one I had to buy more!  .......sound familiar?! :evil_laugh:

Welcome to the dark side!

Kind regards,

Stix

PlaStix, please stop ordering kits and sending them to my house! Even the postman is starting to ask awkward questions.

YEDZ2NA5LPE_FKYdiXXi2OnmXjlDF6_c-TwYTjEz

• Haha 2

Oh very nice!! If you're postman is making you feel that uncomfortable I will send you my address to give him!! 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Oh very nice!! If you're postman is making you feel that uncomfortable I will send you my address to give him!! 😉

The RFM interior kit is huge, I'll never build/finish it. I need a breathalyzer attachment for my PC to stop Friday night shopping sessions :S

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Any chance for an extension?

Or the general need for one but myself?

My Stug is still in a very sorry state :wall:

I’ll let @PlaStix give a better idea of the possible, we may have already had a small extension as the original to published end dates have changed.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I’ll let @PlaStix give a better idea of the possible, we may have already had a small extension as the original to published end dates have changed.

No worries then! Sorry, did not think about that!

I will finish her anyways... ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Any chance for an extension?

Hi exdraken. As @Ozzy said - we've already had an additional couple of weeks above the standard Single Type Group Builds. I'll include @Enzo Matrix in the conversation as it's really up to him as to whether a GB gets extended.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2021 at 1:32 PM, Ned said:

The RFM interior kit is huge, I'll never build/finish it. I need a breathalyzer attachment for my PC to stop Friday night shopping sessions :S

I decided I really wanted the interior version when it first came out, then realized that I’d never get to it either, so I ordered the non-interior one when it went on sale for 20% off a couple weeks back. The box on the interior kit is immense!

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bigfoot said:

I’m not normally one for kits with interiors, but having seen a review of the new RFM PzIII one I’m sorely tempted!

It’s a slippery slope.

Just got my gallery pictures in before the lock 😁

Thanks for a fun GB. I wouldn't even have picked up these kits were it not for this GB.

Managed to keep their 35th scale brothers out of my stash so far though... 😉

• Like 3

Hi all. Just to let everyone know - the Poll is NOW OPEN!!!

Thank you to everyone who took part in this STGB and well done to everyone who managed to get a build into the Gallery! And what a fantastic collection of models we have in the Gallery!! In my opinion - we have one of the strongest looking collection of builds in any STGB Gallery!!

And if you are still building - keep going - we'd love to see the completed models!!

Please try and find some time to vote. You can vote for your favouraite THREE builds and the voting will end on 15/06/21 at 18:59.

And finally a BIG THANK YOU to Ozzy for being such a great co-host! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi all. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote so far - and 38 people voting in a STGB is great already!! If anyone else would like to vote, please do. We have just over a week before the poll closes.

I'm sorry I haven't been around as much as I would have liked but I have been really busy over the last week or so with other things.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Hi all. I hope everyone is keeping well. Thank you again to the 41 people have voted so far in our STGBs poll. You've still got a bit of time to vote, if you haven't done so yet, as the poll will close at 18:59 tomorrow evening (15/06/21).

Kind regards,

Stix

And just like that......it was all over.

Well done to everyone who got a finished build into the Gallery - I reckon that the 24 completed projects in the Gallery were the best set of models I have seen in a GB Gallery for a long time! They all look superb. There was also some fantastic work still going on that unfortunately didn't get finished in time. If your's is one of the latter - please keep going and keep posting so we can follow your updates.

The fact that we also got 41 fellow modellers voting in our Single Type Group Build poll is extremely impressive!! I've seen full GBs where less than 20 people take the time to vote. Thank you to everyone who took the time to check out the builds and vote for their favourite.

A huge thank you must go to @Ozzy for being a fantastically supportive co-host - real life has a had a habit of getting in the way of me building anything recently, let alone being able to actively participate on Britmodeller that often - but I know Ozzy was very attentive to what was happening in this GB - so thank you to him again.

A big thank you to @Enzo Matrix too, for all his support getting this GB set up and running!

In terms of the voting - in third place, with 10 votes was @srkirad's miniature masterpiece of a 1/72 Revell Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. L. In joint second, with 13 votes each, were @f matthews with his absolutely superb 1/35 Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. J and @Ray_W with his utterly brilliant Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.G. Finally thank you to those 20 modellers who voted for mine. In my opinion there are plenty of builds in the Gallery that deserved more votes.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this STGB......we must do a Pz.III STGB again at some point in the future!

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

And just like that......it was all over.

Well done to everyone who got a finished build into the Gallery - I reckon that the 24 completed projects in the Gallery were the best set of models I have seen in a GB Gallery for a long time! They all look superb. There was also some fantastic work still going on that unfortunately didn't get finished in time. If your's is one of the latter - please keep going and keep posting so we can follow your updates.

The fact that we also got 41 fellow modellers voting in our Single Type Group Build poll is extremely impressive!! I've seen full GBs where less than 20 people take the time to vote. Thank you to everyone who took the time to check out the builds and vote for their favourite.

A huge thank you must go to @Ozzy for being a fantastically supportive co-host - real life has a had a habit of getting in the way of me building anything recently, let alone being able to actively participate on Britmodeller that often - but I know Ozzy was very attentive to what was happening in this GB - so thank you to him again.

A big thank you to @Enzo Matrix too, for all his support getting this GB set up and running!

In terms of the voting - in third place, with 10 votes was @srkirad's miniature masterpiece of a 1/72 Revell Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. L. In joint second, with 13 votes each, were @f matthews with his absolutely superb 1/35 Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. J and @Ray_W with his utterly brilliant Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.G. Finally thank you to those 20 modellers who voted for mine. In my opinion there are plenty of builds in the Gallery that deserved more votes.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this STGB......we must do a Pz.III STGB again at some point in the future!

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

Always happy to help Stix’s.

• Like 1

Oh poo! I missed the voting deadline! Sorry all, but life's a bit topsy turvy at the moment and weeks are passing me by like minutes!

Some truly superb pieces of art and extremely difficult to pick out 'the best'. For me it was a toss up between 5 and oddly enough I WOULD have voted for one which hasn't got many votes!

And wouldn't you know it I was packing some of my stash away and found a StuG IV AND a PzIII kit I bought over a year ago, especially for this GB! GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Anyway, congrats to all whether you made the deadline or not, and to the hosts of course.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

For my first-ever Group Build, that was a lot of fun and a great group of participants and encouraging commenters throughout.  Will definitely have to not make it my last-thanks to Stix and Ozzy for putting it all together!

• Like 3