Panzer III STGB Chat

PlaStix

Go on then sign me up, I don't have anything else to do.  I have a Pzr III ausf M and an ausf N plus astug in the stash, but who n]knows what will be available by the GB start?

• Like 2

Hi Bob! Thank you and great to have you taking part. And yeah - plenty of time to get sorted with a suitable kit!

Your signing up also means we are effectively just over half way to our target number of sign-ups!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Hi I'm in as well. I think I've got one of them in my stash... I'm trying to get back to model build this year coz last one was poor and no mojo.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdk_uk said:

Hi I'm in as well. I think I've got one of them in my stash... I'm trying to get back to model build this year coz last one was poor and no mojo.

Cheers

Hi sdk_uk. Nice too see you around again. Sorry you have had a no mojo time and hopefully you'll get some mojo back this year. If we get 25 signups this STGB won’t happen for quite a while. If you felt like it and if you have a Panzer IV kit you could join us over in the Panzer IV STGB which is happening over in the Current GB section. It is actually going really well. I'm obviously slightly biased but I reckon it's one of the best STGBs we've had on Britmodeller. There is a really fantastic supportive atmosphere and it might be just the thing to get you back into building again. It's only been going three weeks which means you'd have over two months and a couple of weeks. Anyway - I'll leave it up to you. A nice 1/48 Tamiya Pz.IV kit might be a suitable project if you had one.

Nice to hear from you again and I have added you to the list for this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi sdk_uk. Nice too see you around again. Sorry you have had a no mojo time and hopefully you'll get some mojo back this year. If we get 25 signups this STGB won’t happen for quite a while. If you felt like it and if you have a Panzer IV kit you could join us over in the Panzer IV STGB which is happening over in the Current GB section. It is actually going really well. I'm obviously slightly biased but I reckon it's one of the best STGBs we've had on Britmodeller. There is a really fantastic supportive atmosphere and it might be just the thing to get you back into building again. It's only been going three weeks which means you'd have over two months and a couple of weeks. Anyway - I'll leave it up to you. A nice 1/48 Tamiya Pz.IV kit might be a suitable project if you had one.

Nice to hear from you again and I have added you to the list for this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

I hope this GB going to start and Thank you for letting me know. It sounds very interesting. Sunday I will go to my local model store and I will check what they have. I have to buy some other stuff as well. For now I have started a spitfire... To much of them is never enough.😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sdk_uk said:

I hope this GB going to start and Thank you for letting me know. It sounds very interesting. Sunday I will go to my local model store and I will check what they have. I have to buy some other stuff as well. For now I have started a spitfire... To much of them is never enough.😄

I hope you manage to find something suitable in your model shop. And you are quite right, you can never have enough Spitfires! Hope you are enjoying the build!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Foxbat said:

I have several Pz III variants in a number of scales so it would be rude not to really.

Andy

Hi Andy. That's great! Thank you for signing up.

Only 10 more signups needed! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

one more tanks GB!

STUG III G 

Tamiya 1/48..

depends when,,,,,

please add me!

Hi exdraken and thank you for signing up. Great to have you along.

It will, probably, be at least a year before this GB takes place so, hopefully, at a suitable time for you.

I have added you to the list.

We now only need 9 more modellers to sign up for this STGB to happen!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Would it be cheating if I started cutting panels for a scratchbuilt 3 of sorts and then slap it together once the build starts? At least that way I will have something to do during my lunch breaks. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John said:

The Mark IV build is good fun, I'm happy to sign up for another. 

John 

Hi John. That's great news - I have added you to the list in post #1.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the South African said:

Would it be cheating if I started cutting panels for a scratchbuilt 3 of sorts and then slap it together once the build starts? At least that way I will have something to do during my lunch breaks. 

Regards:

Shaun 

Hi Shaun. One of the main rules for Britmodeller GBs (apart from KUTA) is that any kit mustn't be more than 25% complete when the GB actually starts. If you are scratchbuilding from 'scratch' and it still looks like a standard kit when the GB actually starts (which may not be for a year or so) then I think it should be fine.

Kind regards,

Stix 

PS - do you want me to add you to the list?

Edited by PlaStix

Well I have a couple of projects going (all of them scratchbuilt afv's) so a panzer 3 is on the short list in anyways. What is the point you may ask well I would guess yes go ahead and add me yes. 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, the South African said:

Well I have a couple of projects going (all of them scratchbuilt afv's) so a panzer 3 is on the short list in anyways. What is the point you may ask well I would guess yes go ahead and add me yes. 

Regards:

Shaun 

Great stuff! You are on the list at 19! :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to following your project.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ridinshotgun said:

Sign me up.  I have always like the Panzer III.  It had panache!

Hi ridinshotgun. Thank you for signing up - great to have you along. Hopefully we'll get at least another 3 signups soon and this STGB will then happen in about a year's time!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks to @stevej60 and @Bonhoff signing up in the WWII AFV chat section thread we have the necessary 25 members for this Single Type Group Build to happen. Well done both!

I will have a chat with @Enzo Matrix to sort out a suitable start date for the three month build period. We will try to ensure it doesn't clash with any of the other AFV STGBs that are already happening.

And, if you haven't signed up yet but would like to take part, just let us know by expressing your interest below.

Well I can’t wait! 

The only problem I have now is deciding which of of the many Pz.III kits I have to build.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

Add me to the list Stix, I have a Revell Panzer III in my kit pile. Who knows, with the Tiger build this year, and now this one going through, it could become my regular foray into AFV's. :D

Hi John. Great to have you on board. I enjoy building both aircraft and tank kits but somehow tanks are a bit more relaxing.....well most of the time!

53 minutes ago, Panther II said:

Yay! we made it! Now to find a suitable kit.:thumbsup:

Have you got ideas? There's plenty of Pz.III kits out there - although I've got a fair few of them in my stash! But probably not as many as some people will have. 

Kind regards,

Stix