1/48 Wookie

Having started working on two Bandai AT-ST's, one might have left over Cheewies. I have decide to mess with one of them after a game of Dejarik in which I lost so I tore his arms off. 😎

image276.jpeg

My intent is to post with his arms pointed down and not out. I want to add a camo cloak wrapped around him. The other Wookie will be normal. I am thinking as if at bazaar haggling over the price of maybe a captured AT or some other items.

Edited by Tank1812
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well I tried to remove parts of the wrist and bend the paw down to change the pose but that did end well. So my next idea is separate the arm at the elbow and add bent wire for cross arms. A cap/cloak can hide most of the work so I don't need to sculpt the hair, which would probably turn out poorly.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The arms are starting to come together now. 

image279.jpeg

Cheewie Jr needed to lose a little arm weight, so he hit Dremel gym to hit his goal.

image283.jpeg

Now to the next step which is why I start this to being with, messing with apoxie sculpt. I plan to fill in the arm and both elbow gaps with limited hair texture. Then create a cap and hood (kinda of like what Luke used in endor but open in front) to cover up all my sins. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

All done now?

Thanks. I wish, he still in the same condition. I haven’t figured out how to do the hood. I couldn’t get the putty thin enough for me to work with. I am sure it’s just user error. I think I might try tissue and glue next. I have been playing around with some figure painting and hope to apply the techniques to him so all hope isn’t lost. Just need to find the time. 

• 2 weeks later...