This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Tank1812

1/48 Wookie

Posted (edited)

Having started working on two Bandai AT-ST's, one might have left over Cheewies. I have decide to mess with one of them after a game of Dejarik in which I¬†lost so I tore his arms off. ūüėé

image276.jpeg

My intent is to post with his arms pointed down and not out. I want to add a camo cloak wrapped around him. The other Wookie will be normal. I am thinking as if at bazaar haggling over the price of maybe a captured AT or some other items.

Edited by Tank1812

Well I tried to remove parts of the wrist and bend the paw down to change the pose but that did end well. So my next idea is separate the arm at the elbow and add bent wire for cross arms. A cap/cloak can hide most of the work so I don't need to sculpt the hair, which would probably turn out poorly.  

Found sometime to try parts of the idea out. 

image277.jpeg

Cousins hanging out. The arms are rotated a little more.

image278.jpeg

Any thoughts, especially on color choices would be most welcomed. 

The arms are starting to come together now. 

image279.jpeg

Cheewie Jr needed to lose a little arm weight, so he hit Dremel gym to hit his goal.

image283.jpeg

Now to the next step which is why I start this to being with, messing with apoxie sculpt. I plan to fill in the arm and both elbow gaps with limited hair texture. Then create a cap and hood (kinda of like what Luke used in endor but open in front) to cover up all my sins. 

Finally had time to mess around with apoxie sculpt to make a cloak but it looks more like a shaw.

image297.jpeg

image284.jpeg

If this doesn't work, Cheewie's cousin can play the wolf in little red riding hood.