Fairey Swordfish Mk II, 818 NAS, Indian Ocean, 1945

Looks great to me and it's a very timely post as I have just pulled the Tamiya Swordfish out of the stash to have a go at it too. I will be referring back to this one when I get started on mine.

Duncan B

• Like 1

That is a fabulous Swordfish Russ - I love the weathered look you've achieved there - a really good rendition of a war weary aircraft.

It is a great kit - my only gripe (which you seem to have avoided) is the slightly saggy lower wings...

Lovely work, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Nick.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Wonderful Stringbag!  Lovely finish and great photography too!  How do you get such a convincing faded look to the paint scheme, if I may ask?

Thanks, It`s basically dry brushed with lighter shades of paint, for a detailed insight to what works for me, just follow attached link to my Firefly build some time ago. It`s post 34 on page 2.

Hope this helps, Cheers Russ

12 hours ago, CMSCHLOM said:

Gorgeous- rigging, elastic thread, great idea!

Thanks CMSCHLOM, The elastic thread I bought was 0.5mm, I`d try and get some a bit thinner if you were thinking of giving it a try.

Russ

• Like 1

A superb model, Russ, with very convincing weathering. I applaud everyone who dares a biplane build but yours is particularly good, as is the creative display. Michael

• Like 1