Kugelblitz

SoftScience

The details are beginning to coallesce. I also added a bit of texture to the armor plates, using Mr. Surfacer.

There is something funky going on with the tools on the port fender. I opened the holes Dragon suggests, but things are fitting really tight and I. Don't really have room for the double sided towing hooks (I don't know what they're really called) in the location indicated on instructions.

IMG-20190111-224013559.jpg

• Like 4

Looking rather smart!! :smile:

I see so many builds with the tools installed before the paining commences; makes me wonder whether I should be doing the same. Do you pick these out with a brush after the main tank colours go on? Not sure my painting skills would allow for this :think:

3 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Looking rather smart!! :smile:

I see so many builds with the tools installed before the paining commences; makes me wonder whether I should be doing the same. Do you pick these out with a brush after the main tank colours go on? Not sure my painting skills would allow for this :think:

You got to do what works for you.

Yes, I like to pick them out with Vallejo paints and a 00 or even 000 brush. Vallejo applies very nicely, so it makes the task clean and tidy. 

I like to minimize the number of parts I have to add after painting, because I tend to end up with a gluey mess.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I'm getting pretty close to the painting stage. I just need to add a few turret elements. The barrel pieces fit pretty poorly and need a great deal of cleanup.

I wanted to try out my red primer (Vallejo), so I sprayed the rest of the tank.

I also repositioned some of the oversized tools. This is almost a what if, so I'm not losing sleep over that.

Also, I just noticed the I broke off and likely lost the headlght, at some point in the priming stage. Good thing there are two in the box ;)

IMG-20190113-213600418.jpg

• Like 8

Hi SoftScience. Best not to compare older kits with newer ones but just enjoy the process. Yours was looking great last time seen. Have you had chance to do any more work on it?

Kind regards, 

Stix 

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...