Tamiya PzIV Ausf J

fatfingers

How do chaps,

Due to the fact the Brummbar is ticking along nicely I've decided to chance my arm and start a second build....

vnbnyHv.jpg

Just waiting on some etch Zimmerit and a metal barrel to turn up then I can make a start on this. Just hope i'm not chancing my arm too much by starting another build :shutup:

Regards,

Steve

• Like 6

How do chaps,

Eduard Zimmerit and RB barrel arrived yesterday so should be making a start on this later in the week. Updates to follow in due course.

Regards 

Steve 

• Like 2

How do chaps,

Finally made a start on this one. First up some sprue shots.

Z9GGzdh.jpg

hx5PeiQ.jpg

Shot of the Eduard Zimmerit. Very nice stuff indeed. Seems pretty comprehensive apart from they don't give you any for the upper hull sides which is a bit odd :hmmm:

UtO8u6d.jpg

Now the RB Models replacement barrel is a real beauty. The beck piece of the muzzle brake actually screws onto the barrel end as in the real thing! 

fPdpfxb.jpg

Baffle and front piece then are glued on I imagine. Not sure what the other brassy bits are though :shrug:

5vGGkC0.jpg

Having to build totally out of sequence so I can get the brass on easily. Not too much of a problem to be honest. 

wTINEKe.jpg

Aa65gbt.jpg

zy4Ugon.jpg

Yih5v3V.jpg

nUdpdgk.jpg

Upper hull is just dry fitted.

3Qqc1W4.jpg

Miw6Aa3.jpg

Still a few bits to add to the lower hull and then its the turn of the turret. More to follow soon.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 7

Hi Steve. Great to see this one underway. That barrel looks very impressive. Can't help with the spare rings. They look like collars of some kind. Does the internal diameter of the holes match anywhere on the barrel?

And the Zimmerit looks superb! This looks like another stunner in the making.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

The Zimm is magnificent, it's worth covering it ... lol.
The pieces that you have "left over" from the barrel, according to RB are necessary to complete the barrel, but, unless it includes some instructions, it is impossible to add them.
Have you tried to see if there are ones on the RB website ?, just put the code that came with the blister, and what there is, it will appear, either assembly instructions or photos with the finished model, which can clear any doubt....:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Just checking if there's been any more progress on this project?

Kind regards, 

Stix

Aye up Stix,

Not been able to any modelling recently due to having a dodgy shoulder! (Its me age you know) Hope to get some done this weekend and will post an update.

Regards 

Steve 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve. Hope you are well. How is the shoulder? Hope it's doing a bit better and you have had some time to do some modelling.  I'm just starting the 1/48 version of this Pz.IV so I'd be interested to see them both in progress at the same time.

Kind regards, 

Stix