Hello from the North West of England

DaveWilko

Rural Cheshire,infact leafy Sandbach,Nr Crewe and once the home of ERF trucks,Foden trucks and the world famous Foden Motorworks Band.

The town had a rich history with ERF's and Foden's,not only did they build trucks and other various commercial vehicles but during the war also tanks

and vehicles for the military.

Although my interest lies with Foden and indeed with ERF(based in Sandbach itself),my main interest is with the "local" airfields of

Cheshire,Staffordshire and nearby Shropshire,the aircraft and units that flew from them and the famous pilots that flew with those units.

I am a very self confessed Spitfire/Seafire fan,(a distant cousin's husband's mother's cousin was a Spitfire pilot)but tend to lean toward most

British commercial and military aircraft from the late 1930's to the present day(especially WW2 and Cold War subjects).

I've lurked for a while(recommended to look in here)so decided to "step up to the plate" so to speak,and made myself a member after seeing

a good number of my favorite aeroplanes and other types either finished or in various stages of construction.

There hasn't been a model made by me since the early 1970's,but who knows what might pop up.

• Like 2

Hi Dave, :post1: or as you'll come to know it,

the nut house! 

Don't worry about not building, I look at it as pacing yourself :whistle:

Just be ready for your legs to be pulled....unmercifully.

Enjoy your stay, their not that bad a bunch........:fight: honest!

Paul

• Like 1