Fw44 Stieglitz (1/32 Silver Wings resin)

galgos

I bought this kit early last year and have been itching to build it ever since but I've been pre-occupied with a Bf110G4 conversion in 1/32 scale:

rxnLjX.jpg

The Fw44 Stieglitz (goldfinch) was one of the main training aircraft for the Luftwaffe in the 30s and 40s and was flown by Peter Spoden, a former Nachtjager and gentleman who I've been privileged to meet:

kgwkeB.jpg
I14HkL.jpg

It's the first full resin kit that I've built, so bit of a learning curve there, but it will be OOB apart from a few bits of wire in the cockpit.  It comes with all the bits in plastic bags:

4jf5b2.jpg

packed by Celine!

b01QKI.jpg

but as Geoff Coughlin noted in one of his reviews of a SW kit in Scale Modelling Now, the bits are randomly packaged.  The instructions are a series of drawings:

arKx0D.jpg
6QDhh5.jpg
mzkKtw.jpg

but there are no identifying numbers or sprues to give you a clue about what is what and where it goes.  So my first evening was spent emptying everything out onto a table and basically trying to identify bits and sorting them into bags:

ozL0hy.jpg

It was a worthwhile exercise because I feel that I've got a bit of a handle on what's going to be needed.  No decals provided but masks, which I prefer anyway so that's a plus.  I hope to start the build very shortly.

s7RiP2.jpg

This is a rather good photograph, very clear around the engine, which is where I'm going to start!

85j20f.png

Max

• Like 3