Spitfire MKIX MH434

F4u

Hi guys, 

Would anyone know what size the code letters  (Z DB) are on MH434? 

They look like 30" but just want to confirm for a project. 

Thanks. 

I don't know the size for sure but to me they look well below 30", considering that the roundel diameter is 36". Personally I'd check with 20" codes, that were quite common on Spitfires. If 20" are too small, and they could be, then maybe 22". I don't think they are 24", would look bigger

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Giorgio, it is 22" so had to go with the 24" letter set as there is no 22".👍 👍 

22 hours ago, F4u said:

Thanks for that Giorgio, it is 22" so had to go with the 24" letter set as there is no 22".👍👍 

F4U,

Southern Expo has a decal sheet that has all the markings for MH434, and the ZD-B codes are 22"; I have the sheet, and I went back and measured them, just to make sure. Sheet is 72-003 and also 48-003 Hornchurch vs Luftwaffe: Northern France Forays. You might check their website to see if they have any left; the sheet has markings for two Mk Vb's and one Mk IX, as well as one Fw-190A-3, one Fw-190A-4, and one Bf-109G-3 and one Bf-109G-4.

Mike

8 hours ago, 72modeler said:

F4U,

Southern Expo has a decal sheet that has all the markings for MH434, and the ZD-B codes are 22"; I have the sheet, and I went back and measured them, just to make sure. Sheet is 72-003 and also 48-003 Hornchurch vs Luftwaffe: Northern France Forays. You might check their website to see if they have any left; the sheet has markings for two Mk Vb's and one Mk IX, as well as one Fw-190A-3, one Fw-190A-4, and one Bf-109G-3 and one Bf-109G-4.

Mike

Hi Mike, is there a set in 1/32 ? As I can only find 1/48 .

Edited by F4u

2 hours ago, F4u said:

Hi Mike, is there a set in 1/32 ? As I can only find 1/48 .

Looks like just 1/72 and 1/48 for MH434. I have attached a link to their website. You might contact them regarding the possibility of  a 1/32 sheet. Sorry.

Mike

http://www.southernexpo.co.uk/ExpoDecals.htm

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, 72modeler said:

Looks like just 1/72 and 1/48 for MH434. I have attached a link to their website. You might contact them regarding the possibility of  a 1/32 sheet. Sorry.

Mike

http://www.southernexpo.co.uk/ExpoDecals.htm

Thank you Mike.👍

22 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

For codes in 1/32 scale I would also consider using masks 

Thanks Giorgio.👍