Few completed ones and not so completed ones

20A19B76-D388-4D45-B387-F7821196833C

FA260C68-BFA6-4821-8C3C-58B9CAF67D45

And the rest are in boxes or still in the tubs since my removals from our old MQ to our new rural block sth of Darwin.

Edited by Exkiwiforces
  • Like 9

• 5 weeks later...

Agreed, looks like the 1/700 Trumpeter kit to me. Just a pity they moulded the hull split at the design waterline rather than the normal displacement one. Not impossible to fix but awkward!

Mike.

On 02/02/2019 at 18:31, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, it looks like you have quite a fleet, would like to see the rest when they are unpacked. The top photo, the ship with the red turret tops - the DKM Hipper? Regards, Jeff.

On 03/02/2019 at 01:49, MikeR said:

Agreed, looks like the 1/700 Trumpeter kit to me. Just a pity they moulded the hull split at the design waterline rather than the normal displacement one. Not impossible to fix but awkward!

Mike.

Yes, it is DKM Hipper in  1/700 by Trumpter. It’s god damm awful kit with way to much detail, they should’ve done what Flyhawk does and added a PE kit. The water line issue is another thing as MikeR has pointed out and the paint scheme is not right as well. I get the feeling Trumpter went from a 1/350 etc and then down size it to a 1/700 and resulting with poo-poo all over the place.

Won’t be build a Trumpter kit again for a long time. Be sticking to Flyhawk, Tamiya, Resin and the odd Revel or Airfix kit for Whiff  build down the track.