Albatros L.60, 1923, scratchbuilt 1/72 scale

I am much in admiration of your models and choice of subjects. You actually build the models of which I have bookcases full of details and so far no private time to build them.

They are splendid. You must have a copy of Deutsche Sportflugzeuge.

John

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Aero said:

I am much in admiration of your models and choice of subjects. You actually build the models of which I have bookcases full of details and so far no private time to build them.

They are splendid. You must have a copy of Deutsche Sportflugzeuge.

John

You are more than kind, John.

I am glad fellow modelers and aviation enthusiasts can enjoy the modeling and the types presented.

Is Deutsche Sportflugzeuge a magazine or a book?

In fact I do have a limited aviation library (although a large library otherwise).

I gather my references mostly online, from sites like Gallica, the Flight Magazine archives, museum digital libraries, newspapers and magazines archives, and the generous institutions that scan an upload old literature, fortunately some times aviation-related.

Even Google books (as an example)
https://books.google.com/books/serial/ISSN:00154806?rview=1&lr=&sa=N&start=810&hl=en

Again thanks for your kind words.

Cheers

Moa.

Thanks for the Google Book link. I already use Gallica. Deutsche Sportflugzeuge is a book published in Germany by Motor Buch Verlag in 1977. I presume that you know of the Aeronautical Chamber of Commerce of America Aircraft year Books (of which I have 17 volumes). Besides the UK publications, I also have a diverse collection of Czech, Polish, Austrian, Romanian, Estonian, French and German literature plus others. so if I can help let me know.

John

7 hours ago, John Aero said:

Deutsche Sportflugzeuge is a book published in Germany by Motor Buch Verlag in 1977. I presume that you know of the Aeronautical Chamber of Commerce of America Aircraft year Books (of which I have 17 volumes). Besides the UK publications, I also have a diverse collection of Czech, Polish, Austrian, Romanian, Estonian, French and German literature plus others. so if I can help let me know.

John

Thanks, John

Yes, the Yearbooks are a good source. I forgot to mention Archive.org, which also has old magazines and books (that you have to find once you learn to navigate the site).

You are very generous, and when needed I may have to bother you with the odd question.

It's always wonderful to find a fellow enthusiast with coinciding interests.

Reciprocally, and even if my bookcase is limited, nevertheless I have collected information during the years that may be useful, especially in the Pioneer and Golden Age periods, on known and arcane types, at your disposal if needed.

All the very best

Cheers

Edited by Moa