Hi mates,

i'm assembling this 1/144 Amodel kit:

8F3Sbgh.jpg

6FDgnFw.jpg

DW3oFyC.jpg

ehhTnU8.jpg

1evQ7hC.jpg

HTolqvu.jpg

The Beriev Be-10, also known as Izdelye M, (NATO reporting name: Mallow) was a twin engined, turbojet powered, flying-boat, patrol bomber built by the Soviet Union from 1955.

The Be-10 is an all-metal high-wing monoplane with the engines located beneath the wing roots and with splayed-out tailpipes. To minimize the risk of water ingestion, the engine air intakes are located on the forward fuselage section with spray fences on either side of the bow protecting the engines from water ingestion.

The fuselage was a two step design with a high length to beam ratio to improve rough water handling, v-section planing bottom, two steps and was divided into nine water-tight compartments the forward and rear compartments being pressurised. Engine nacelles for the Lyul'ka AL-7F engines were attached to the fuselage sides under the wing centre-section.

Initial assembling steps:

9U9CPoc.jpg

02BLdJ5.jpg

gbjcAEa.jpg

3pBrAKp.jpg

oRXa7wF.jpg

First layer of primer

qqwaUul.jpg

TBAvYg5.jpg

DCmAM1e.jpg

FTSljiQ.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant job on that Mallow! Now you need to tackle the 1/72nd scale kit of it (I have that kit - I know it will be a bit of a challenge, but what a great-looking aeroplane!).

Regards,

Jason