Hi from SW Cornwall

Dave SW

Greetings from SW Cornwall. Have been building models for all my life, latest is the 1:72 Ark Royal model that I recently displayed at Warwick International Model show and Alexandra Palace.

Its a large model that has taken 26 yrs so far yet is still far from complete.

hopefully I can share some of my tips and research as I develop the model and aircraft further.

best rgds dave 

• Like 1

Hi Dave and welcome to BM.   There are quite a few ship model builders on here, from standard kit, to kits with aftermarket and full scratchbuilds; so you should find something of interest for you here.  It would be great to see some photo's of your Ark Royal.

All the best

Mike

Hello Dave ... :welcome: to Britmodeller from the USA. 1/72nd Ark Royal you say ? Do you have a lake in your yard ?😉 That sounds most impressive and I definitely look forward to seeing the build. Ive seen a 1/72nd Nimitz once and was totally blown away so an Ark Royal should easily blow my mind. 🤯 

Dennis

Hi Gents thank you for your warm welcome. can you tell me how o attach photos to any posts? as I cant seem to work out where the gallery is or how to transfer images from my files.

thanks dave sw

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. The photo problem is common, if you have a look in the FAQ section there is lots of help, written far more clearly than I could. I use Flickr and find it very easy, but each to their own.

I’m looking forward to those pictures (I thought my 12 years to build a “plank on frame” Schooner was long enough!!).

Regards Ian

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dave SW said:

Hello Gents, sorry for the delay in getting active. I am not a fan of Flickr, in fact will not use it for various reasons. is there another method/ route to display images?

I use Imgur myself and i think there is villiagephoto’s as well.