1/32 P-47D Razorback

Happy new year to the modelling world and builders!!

This is my 1/32 Trumpeter P-47D Razorback with the Kits-world War Birds decals used. 

This kit went together well, even though there a few minor instruction issues, but nothing major to overcome. Painted with MRP paints...……….which are highly recommended!

Built out of the box other than the decals.

A bit about the man:-

2Lt Paul Ellison who was shot down by flak on 17th July 1944 while flying "Tipsy". After taking off from Picauville he was hit by flak just after bombing the bridge at Conde-sur-Vire. Bits of the wing started to fall away and Ellison bailed out at about 1000ft. He evaded capture and returned to military control on 2nd August.

Now the machine......well, my version of it 🙂

8uCWOpxh.jpg

IKJVQeth.jpg

3j3FvYQh.jpg

cS1fUN2h.jpg

EUTVhejh.jpg

Fsdn01ch.jpg

C49D6xph.jpg

Pmcb9aoh.jpg

J4U07Pxh.jpg

V8L8fu5h.jpg?1

9I1AUrLh.jpg

yucHiXKh.jpg

Hope you like it, id like some feedback on the prop as I tried for the first time, the salt weathering technique it simulate some weathering on the prop.

Thanks for looking, all comment are welcome

• Like 28

Lovely build and finish. I like the fact that you haven't overdone the fading on the Olive Drab paintwork. Most pictures which I have seen suggest that the OD applied to fighters faded far less than that applied to the bombers. This looks great!

Cheers

Malcolm

22 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Nice job, which masks did you use ?

Cheers

Dennis

Hello Dennis, thank you for your kind words. The only masks I used on this kit were the Eduard pre-cut canopy masks.

Or was meaning the star 'n' bars and other markings? 

Hi David, yes the national markings and codes look like they are painted on rather than decals, if they are decals then you have done a great job on them.

Cheers

Dennis

5 hours ago, spitfire said:

Hi David, yes the national markings and codes look like they are painted on rather than decals, if they are decals then you have done a great job on them.

Cheers

Dennis

Yes, they are decals and in fairness the trumpeter and war birds decals always seem to set well. I use the micro sol/set combination and cover the kit in 2-4 gloss coats before weathering and final matt coat. These extra layers has seemed to be the key to getting a painted on look. 

• Like 1