1/72 Hobbycraft DHC-3 Otter.

About 20 years a go I build a DHC 3 Otter in green Vietnam colors, six years a go I refurbished it in ''Artic Red'' and placed decals from ''MAX Decal''
of the British Artic Survey from end '50. It is a nice set with different Artic Otters such as Argentinian, belgian, US and British examples.

I have still a few in the stash, for some arctic examples.

Gerhard

408764044.jpg

408757011.jpg

Edited by SNAFU
  • Like 24

Lovely job.  Always love seeing those birds.  My Dad worked at deHavilland Canada for some 35 years and I remember seeing many otters and twin otters at family day functions.  Wish someone would grab those Hobby Craft molds.  I wonder who has them?

7 hours ago, SNAFU said:

I have a pair of ''Kitech'' Otters in stock and a DHC-4 Caribou, to me looks the sprues te same as the Hobbycrafts.....

Gerhard

Hi SNAFU, am looking for those two kits for a while, may know from where you got it. Many thanks cheers

I saw a few of these in person, neat airplane, wish I could go for ride at least once, just money. Nice paint on this one. Maybe the Kitech ones will be a bit affordable. I know in the U.S. the Hobbycraft go for quite a bit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I saw a few of these in person, neat airplane, wish I could go for ride at least once, just money. Nice paint on this one. Maybe the Kitech ones will be a bit affordable. I know in the U.S. the Hobbycraft go for quite a bit.

I was looking at the kit and see a listing, I will skip it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fast-Free-Shipping-Kitech-Brand-1-72-Scale-DHC-3-Otter-U-1A-Transport-Aircraft-Military/1585253626.html

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Haha 1