Takom 1/35 Panhard AML-90 and figures

Hi All,

Here is my build of Takom's 1/35 Panhard AML-90 in a simple diorama with some Blackdog figures, showing a scene outside Port Stanley in 1982. The base is from an off the shelf mat cut and shaped to give some contour and a few grasses and flowers added. I used Crossdelta DPM decals for the Marines - painstaking but with my painting skills they were essential! I'm only just getting in to figure painting so I'm really pleased with these. 

I'm aware my AFV weathering skills leave room for improvement as well, but I really enjoyed doing this one. (And I have spotted the way too clean wheel arches this afternoon, plus the fact that the mirrors need some 'spatter' adding.) 

eJ1Telv.jpg

3UFwiRB.jpg

UgEFtpU.jpg

wwT2bzb.jpg

icCIQlx.jpg

MVgK0W2.jpg

QgVbOEq.jpg

hQWCtUL.jpg

QtLo1WV.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Gareth

• Like 14

Stunning work sir!

I'm not sure which plant species are indigenous to the Falklands - whether they have any yellow flowers - but I reckon that' the best patch of heathland I've ever seen. Everything else is superb as well, but the figures especially so.

10/10.

I can forgive the 'too clean' wheel arches. Perhaps a deep puddle cleaned the muck off.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks chaps. Google told me woolly ragwort grows on the Falklands, with a yellow flower, Whether it flowers in June I don't know. (I doubt it, but a little bit of artistic licence allowed a splash colour.)