WNW Sopwith Pup

I got some shots of my Pup taken this afternoon. Here are some to show the completed model.

Fo9giWF.jpg

bgXHzHA.jpg

G7zXtwd.jpg

Here you can see the split axle method of adding to some 'suspension' to the undercarriage. There would normally be some bungee cord over the top of the axle and under the faired strut below, pulling the wheel down. I stupidly forgot to add these parts and it proved impossible to rectify.

TZOlTHB.jpg

E1EB4XP.jpg

1u24jKz.jpg

YGSJl0w.jpg

lx5D2XR.jpg

2CdAyfp.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 43

Fantastic result on your WNW Pup.   How did you get on with the lower wing fit? - I have built this in the past - mine was very tight and I had to do a fair bit of trimming to get it on right.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the comments everyone. @EpeemanI was aware of the potential of the rear wing to be a problem from my research, but mine went in with no issues, other than being a bit of a 'click' fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that is very nice. I commend your application of the decals over the raised surfaces - another dark art that I have yet to master myself. The base looks smashing making the whole model quite superb.

I am due to inherit a Sopwith Pup propeller that my father picked up from the hangar at Hamble where he trained as a pilot - it is a big solid lump of laminated timber which I ran head first into at the age of 4 while he was restoring it in the lounge of our old family home - the force of impact to my forehead left my left me in an ambulance and epileptic ever since.

A great model with a chilling reminder of how dangerous the full size thing can still be while being restored!