Landing gear stance on Dragon's Fw 190D-9

Sturmovik

I have to go back to my LHS because I have to replace a defective Fw 190D-9 in 48 from Hobby Boss, and they have 7 boxes of Dragon's D-9 with decals for Gerhard Barkhorn.

Would someone be kind enough to provide me a wing level photo showing how the landing gear is positioned?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

This might be some help ? 

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/fw190landinggear_1.

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/fw190landinggear_2.htm

A & F series 

XPnQhjU.png

Dora’s which i believe are the same landing gear set-up? 

0UsdfAo.jpg

yIBs2yv.png

The key to remember is the landing gear lean forward and inward towards the A/C centerline at the same time. I will keep looking for more. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, the first link was really helpful, and the time I'd need to correct the stance of the gear would be too much for someone as lazy as me, I guess I'll ditch the idea of buying the Dragon kit and stick with the HB Dora and use Skymodel decals to make Barkhorn's plane (Cartograf printed, they should be easy to work with).

Besides, the Dragon kit has the A-8 wing, separate propeller blades and more photoetch than the HB kits.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

When I kitbashed DML D-9 and D-12 to a D-13, I found there may be 2 kinds center lower wing part on Dora.

Initial D-9s were converted from A-8 on production line, so remained the lower wing with a small "opening" just front of centerline rack.

9689444027_f4d3b8ec98_b.jpg

This pic clearly shows it. In fact the "opening" corresponds lower exhaust on radial engine 190s. On Dora there's no exhausts here. So here turned more streamlined later:

fhc_fw190d_29.jpg

This is a D-13 but shares same lower wing part as D-9 exclude shell chute.

However I do not know when, or which, this part changed.

We get the latter scheme on most Dora kits, as 1/72 Hasegawa, Academy, 1/48 Tamiya, Eduard(HS review image below)... 

BTG_3538_fs.jpg

The depression front of MG131 shell chutes fits centerline rack (shape of rack accords to early lower wing part).

Trimaster/DML Dora used same sprue of Fw190A series, as actually early D-9 did.

Just my inference for Fw190D...Hope some more accurate references...

• Thanks 2