72nd scale Tamiya Bf-109 g6 ?

Basuroy

Despite the somewhat "done before" subject, I'm hugely excited about this. I'm currently building the the 1/48 version, which is possibly the best kit I've ever built, but my collection is 1/72 and I made a huge exception for it (glad I did, but unlikely to again). And I could always do with another 109. Yes there are already kits out there in 1/72, several I've built and thing highly of, and still plan to collect more of (looking at you AZ Model Joy packs), but this has the promise of a superlative level of engineering to add that one perfect example to the collection.

I wonder if they'll be able to scale down some of the fitting options, like the open/closed engine. That would really be something!

You can bet that tamiya will give you an extremely detailed cockpit and one nice one piece canopy to hide it all . 

There are two threads here already on this very subject. Can any of the moderators combine them into one?

Of course this my post can be deleted at this occasion.

Cheers

Michael

On 1/25/2019 at 6:25 PM, Vlad said:

I'm currently building the the 1/48 version, which is possibly the best kit I've ever built, but my collection is 1/72 and I made a huge exception for it (glad I did, but unlikely to again).

Amen to that. It's an absolute cracker. Where I differ is I'll probably get the new Spit too.

My fear is that I won't want to go back to badly fitting er, using good old-fashioned modelling skills on my stash of Airfix kits afterwards. 

• Haha 1

Looking at the sprue(s) layout both the old variants with MG 17 fuselage guns and the somewhat later ones with Galland hood should follow very quickly.

The wooden tail, long tailwheel, fat tyres and AS-engine will require some plastic surgery though...

Cheers

Michael

It is Tamiya - one box with main version - and finish ! When You need a more version & subversion, you must wait few years to Eduard offer. Tamiya have their style and i don't think he release a surprise.

But this looks and shake and bake build - few parts with excellent quality of mould...and only problem was a german camo with dots. Thumbs up !

• Like 1

The complete lack of options is a little bit disappointing, but they do seem to have scaled down some of the clever engineering e.g. the landing gear attachment. I'm also sure the 3 part canopy will please many.

Still really looking forward to getting one, with that simplicity and (I assume) spot on engineering it will be a joy :) I've actually been meaning to do one of those with the eyes on the bulges, good marking choices!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, Basuroy said:

You can bet that tamiya will give you an extremely detailed cockpit and one nice one piece canopy to hide it all . 

If only they did a wheels up option that would be perfect to hide all that nasty business in the wheel wells😉

16 minutes ago, Plasto said:

There a degree of irony in this image..

That sign can't be serious can it? It's a plastic model that already been announced and images and sprues released,  it's not like it's top secret ;)

I’ve been to heaps of trade fairs over the years and it’s not at all uncommon to have signs on trade displays with ‘no photography’. 

I don’t think the intent in this case is to protect the announcement. More likely to dissuade someone photographing the sprues for commercial purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On an unrelated note, does anyone notice how much glue Gregg uses on his kits in that HS video? He always states this disappears under a coat of paint but looking at the mating surfaces around the nose inserts I can hardly believe that. Yet is does indeed not show on his finished kits. Does he use Tamiya ultra thin? I use that stuff but I always have to give it a bit of light sanding, I would never proceed to painting with the kit looking the way it does in Gregg's video.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got my first one from Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago. There is really reasons why it has been ranked very high!

Fits like a glove, looks very accurate and the usual things that can be excepted from Tamiya. Well, maybe aileron and tail ribs are slightky overdone and FineMolds solutioon for top fuselage guns was better. And configuration is limited only for early G-6 with low tail, early canopy, belly tank without wing guns or tropical filter. Flaps and slats are closed so this was a missed opportunity. Parts are made so that at least different engine covers and Erla-canopy can be expected in the future.

Well done, Tamiya!

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1