72nd scale Tamiya Bf-109 g6 ?

Basuroy

Hobbyeasy has a preorder option for a 72nd scale G-6 .  Did a cursory google search but couldn't find anything . That said , considering they downsized the Ki-61 , there is a good possibility they will downsize this as well. 

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/p0f8kx9m1urinqmo1dyg.html

6 hours ago, martinBK said:

IftTamiya could do the same with their DO-335 and HE-162...

Scaling down their 1/48 G4M1 "Betty" would be nice too! However, if Tamiya were going to do that they would have done so by now.:hmmm:

Not sure about the 109 but I suspect it will sell very well - Tamiya+1/72 Bf 109=lots of sales!

Mike.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Plasto said:

So a 1/72 Spitfire Mk1 in around 12 months then???? 

That  will get the forum commentary juices flowing...

Since the 1/48 Zero is there a single new tool 1/48 Tamiya WWII kit that hasn't been down-scaled to 1/72?  We got the Zero, IL-2, Hien, now the Bf-109 to that's four for four.  Odds are pretty good we'll get a spit in 1/72.

57 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

I would prefer to see Tamiya downscaling the 1/48 P51B they did it for the D so why not ? and we miss a good 1/72 P 51B ..

Cheers

Patrice    

Good afternoon and happy New Year

I would prefer to see a brand new toolrd Tamiya 1/48 P51B/C  and then the same in 1/72, or vice-versa 😉 We really miss  good  1/32-1/48 and 1/72 P 51B/C..

Cheers

Madcop

1 hour ago, Borisz said:

I am sure that there is also huge need for […] an F-16 in 1/72. ;)

Actually Tamiya have already released F-16...

There's a huge need for new Spitfires Mk.I/II and Va/b/c, Griffon Spitfires, new Mustangs B and Allison Mustangs, A6M2-N, A6M2-K, A6M5 a/b and c and P-36 though. Although I would love to see Meterors Mk.1 and 3 too (together with Tamiya's Schwalbe and Salamander).

But I will be happy if this new Gustav includes both rudders and canopies. And I hope, but (unfortunaterly) it rather unlikely, they will do Friedrich too (both -2 and -4).

36 minutes ago, DominikS said:

Actually Tamiya have already released F-16...

There's a huge need for new Spitfires Mk.I/II and Va/b/c, Griffon Spitfires, new Mustangs B and Allison Mustangs, A6M2-N, A6M2-K, A6M5 a/b and c and P-36 though. Although I would love to see Meterors Mk.1 and 3 too (together with Tamiya's Schwalbe and Salamander).

But I will be happy if this new Gustav includes both rudders and canopies. And I hope, but (unfortunaterly) it rather unlikely, they will do Friedrich too (both -2 and -4).

I was ironic. :)

• Like 1

I don't think your fears will be realised as in the earlier post by Sturmovik, it confirms it is a new tool and this makes sense as Tamiya have more recently scaled down their newer 1/48 kits.

Personally I am looking forward to it, as any new Tamiya 1/72 kit is welcome just to enjoy the fit, engineering and finesse of the tooling. I hope they continue to scale down in this way and my heart hopes for the F-14 to receive the same treatment, although my head says this is very unlikely.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...