New compressor? Advice needed

Doc72

Hi everyone,

my Revell 7600 has started to make alarming rattling noises, so I guess, I might need a new one soon. It has served me well since the early 1990s, so Revell can call me satisfied customer.

What would be good replacement? And will my equally venerable Badger airbrush fit to any new model or do I need a new hose or some kind of adaptor?

I also thought about opening the old compressor to see what is rattling around, but given its age there is probably not a lot that can be done.

Thanks in advance for any useful hints.

I'd have at look at sparmax compressors locally.   They usually have a standard Iwata/Harder & steenbeck fitting on the compressor, but we have adapters that will drop this down to a Badger fitting. or we can make up a hose of the length you need that will do the job.

Paul

modellingtools.co.uk

• Like 1

Thank you, Paul.

Sparmax indeed seems to get a lot of positive feedback in this forum.

Does it matter how much pressure and how much air intake the compressor has? The typeplate on my old Revell says 3 bar maximum pressure and 52 l/min air intake.

• 6 months later...
On 03/01/2019 at 16:36, Steve Noble said:

I'd recommend Silair by Werther of Italy. Had mine since early '90's and still going strong. Almost totally silent (30db) very reliable workhorse..

Also would add that if I was to purchase another one now I would go for one that has an auto stop/start. The original one I purchased hasn't got that feature, but i would definitely buy one now with it,  as it stops the motor running all the time so that it only turns on when needed..

• 1 month later...