RMS Carpathia, Scratchbuild, 1/500 Scale

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:12, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Oh, and the ship's not looking bad either. I take it you will be putting lights behind each and every port and starboard transparency? After all, her mad dash to fame and glory was done at night time. 

I think we should make him do it. It should be pretty straightforward.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

I vote for lights 😅

Quite right Kev! Tentacles up all those who want to see lights on this one.

Martian the Democrat 👽

• Like 2

Me vote for lights too 😊 it would have looked good..

(You know it could really had been technically possible, at the point you had the hull split in two halves. Had you by drilled the portholes and made some of them  deeper and added optical fibres in some of them and the light source buried in the underside)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nils said:

Me vote for lights too 😊 it would have looked good..

(You know it could really had been technically possible, at the point you had the hull split in two halves. Had you by drilled the portholes and made some of them  deeper and added optical fibres in some of them and the light source buried in the underside)

It still is. Rout out a groove in the centre of the hull and then deepen the portholes to meet the grove. Insert LEDs and the jobs a good 'un.

Martian (Thinking for Earthlings since stardate 13.12.61) 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Lights would look good, on the other hand, I'd like to see this done before I'm forced to use a zimmer frame. :D

Steve.

What by tomorrow afternoon? Really it is a quick fix , a cheap LED set from EvilBay and the fact that the model is in wood will prevent any light pollution

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great suggestion about the lights gents and great idea about using the principles of democracy to guide this project, 👍

Last I heard Britmodeller had about 21000 members...so if we get a clear majority- say 12000 valid votes for installed lights, prior to the first application of final-colour paint then I will do it👍🙄

With a smile! 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Great suggestion about the lights gents and great idea about using the principles of democracy to guide this project, 👍

Ladt I heard Britmodeller had about 21000 members...so if we get a clear majority- say 12000 valid votes for instAlled lights, prior to the first application of final-colour paint then I will do it👍🙄

With a smile! 🤬

I can copy and paste "I vote for lights" 12,000 times if you like, thus showing how firmly I believe in the policy or we could take that as read and save an awful lot of site capacity.

12 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Um, I only suggested lights as a joke. Steve, what Pandora's Box have I opened for you? 

You opened a Pandora's box (aka Baldrick's trousers) the moment you decided to post on Britmodeller. Don't feel bad, we all fell for it.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Nils said:

‘I can copy and paste "I vote for lights" 12,000 times’

That’s called democracy 😊

That's settled then. Fall in LED party!

Martian 👽

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I can copy and paste "I vote for lights" 12,000 times if you like, thus showing how firmly I believe in the policy or we could take that as read and save an awful lot of site capacity.

Anticipating such shinanigans please note that the exact criteria I set was ‘12000 valid votes’. 

I am am unsure whether illegal aliens 👽 are even allowed a single vote - let alone 12000.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Anticipating such shinanigans please note that the exact criteria I set was ‘12000 valid votes’. 

I am am unsure whether illegal aliens 👽 are even allowed a single vote - let alone 12000.

Well, I have a valid National Insurance number (both UK and Martian) and am on the Electoral Roll (both planets) so stop mucking about and get routing.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnWS said:

Steve, I don't know how you can work with all this noisy chatter in the background. :winkgrin:

He was warned right at the start of his BM career. 

Martian 👽

Edit: The warning can be found here: 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235021633-hmasm-ae2-scratchbuild/&page=10

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnWS said:
3 hours ago, Redshift said:

The build is looking good, keep going and ignore the heckling from  the back row.

Yeah Redshift - I hate it when people heckle from the cheap seats. There was a particularly bad case of that recently in a thread regarding Aston Martins. Quite upsetting.

1 hour ago, JohnWS said:

Steve, I don't know how you can work with all this noisy chatter in the background. :winkgrin:

I am currently at work so not much actual work being done. 😀

Hoping to have an update posted next Thursday.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

I am currently at work so not much actual work being done. 😀

Are you sure you meant it to come out that way?

Martian 👽