Spitfire Mk.Va - Bader's machine...

Riggers

Evening all,

I need the assistance of a Spit "nut"! Can you please help as I need to know "if" the Mk.Va had what type of radio & what was the configuration i.e. radio mast to tail &/or rear wing tips to "somewhere" along the sides of the aircraft.

I have been trawling around most of the weekend looking for pics, but I cannot find anything conclusive.

I'm building the Airfix Spitfire Mk.Va Bader version.......with all the trimmings as well....so it must be right!

Any help will be very much appreciated.

All the best......

Hello

I understand by that time all wiring had been internal, at least for a VHF R/T. I found two of three Bader's Spitfire Va photos, published on this page, in books on my shelf and I think under magnifying glass I can just discern the IFF antenna, appearing from the fuselage near the red roundel center on the second photo. So configuration for Spitfire Mk.Va W3185 would be a regular VHF mast with internal wiring and IFF antennae from mid-fuselage sides to tips of horizontal tail. More about Spitfire radio and IFF masts and antennae can be found on this webpage. Cheers

Jure

Jure....thank you so much for your help. So we are saying that NO wiring was present from the tip of the aerial mast behind the cockpit to the top of the tail, only the mast itself. Also, there were aerials coming from the centre roundel (Red) in the middle of the fuselage to the end tips of the horizontal tail?

Just to clarify that's all........thanks again Jure......